last time..i promise

Hi there,

I know I've tried to do this more than once now, but I promise this is the final time I'm doing this.

Smashed was written a long time ago now, I was only 13 and now skip ahead 6 years and I'm 19. I've taken the time to plan out (and start writing) the final "re-write" for this story. Same characters, (some) same ideas, whole new book. I've wanted to re-write Smashed since I first completed the book.  Every time I tried to rewrite the book I continued to write in circles, and I continued to make the same mistakes of trying to making (sorry for my language) shitty chapters into (for lack of better words) less shittier chapters.

This time I'm starting from scratch, I know where I want the book to go, I know how I want my characters to develop and interact with each other. I know how I want the chapters to be planned out, this time around I know what I have planned, I know what I am doing. I never once sat down and actually planned out "Smashed", or "Scratches" - "Staring Over" "Damaged" or even "Fractured"....as I've stated before it was written for a book report project when I was in seventh grade, it technically wasn't meant to leave the walls of my classroom but here we are. 

If you've finished this book (be it a long time ago when it was first published, or even if you just finished it in the past month or so) I hope you do give the re-write a chance. I've always loved / enjoyed writing but I've always doubted myself. I have high hopes for the new book and I am praying that you guys will give it the same amount of love you've given Smashed (which I am forever grateful for .. we've just surpassed fifty thousand reads! WTF). 

I figured I'd make one final announcement in this book, this is my final go at re-writing it, if this doesn't work then I give up trying and there will be no more books related to Smashed, no more  Tesla, Justin, Oliver, Jess, Dustin, Debby, or even Tom. I have faith in myself that I can do this though. I'm trying my best to write a bunch of chapters right now whenever I have "down time" so that when the fall comes and I'm not only working (as I am now) but also attending college, I won't get swamped with life and be unable to update.

So that's it, I just wanted to let everyone know that there is officially (and finally) an ACTUAL re-write of Smashed in the works. I am determined to complete this book and so help me god if I don't. 

If you're interested in a revamped version of this story feel free to check out the new book

"Being Perfectly Imperfect"

Thank you so much for everything, I cannot thank you guys enough.

I love you all,

-Jade