New Clothes

BETHESDA,
Western District,
2420AA,

The old Lady, Killion's grandmother opened the door to the porch and led them inside the little stone cottage.

"This is a nice place you have here, Madam." Havillah remarked wistfully even as she took in the cozy little living room and the cute furniture inside. There were three sofas, one of them a three-seater and the other two, two love seats. Each of them was covered with a white loose cover that was decorated with an assortment of spring flowers in various stages of bloom. A small wooden coffee stood in the middle of the room and it too was covered with a similar patterned table spread."Why, thank you love. You can call me Nana or Grandma Lexus as well." The old lady said as she continued walking towards an archway that was standing on the farthest end of the living room.

"Thank you Nana." Havillah smiled, her eyes dancing as she stared back at the sweet little lady with the characteristic glint in her dark eyes. Now that she thought about it, her eyes were different from those of Killion. Her stature too but it was possible he inherited his eyes and larger built from the men in his family. Maybe his mother was green-eyed too. She wanted to ask him but it sounded rude. She would have to wait to find out when they eventually met.

"Nana, Havillah needs to freshen up and a new change of clothes. Will you look after her as I run across the street to find her something to wear?" Killion stopped her.

"Sure, but why must you insist on getting it from them?" His grandmother turned around to frown at him. She was standing by a tall wooden chair with three others like it surrounding a large circular table.Oh so that was the dining place? Havillah thought to herself oblivious to the exchange that was taking place right before her.

"Them " Killion said as he put air marks on the word for further emphasis. "May have a dress or a piece of outfit that can actually fit her."

"Fine. Do whatever you want. You never listen to the old lady anyway." she huffed as she waved him. She then took up the kettle on the dining table and lumbered off leaving Havillah unsure as to wether to follow or remain waiting there in the living room."Oh, and Havillah." The old lady turned back and solved her conundrum. "The bathroom is through that door," she said as she pointed to a door that until then had remained obscured behind a wall netted drapings. "Go down the hallway to the last door. There's a bedroom. There you'll find everything you may need."

"Thank you Nana."

"Incase you need anything else. You know, like lady products. Holler at me and I will be there to attend to you."

"Thank you again Nana.. I am sure everything will be sufficient." The old lady nodded and Havillah proceeded to find the said bathroom.

"You'll be fine until I get back?" Killion stopped her and she turned around to nod her head. "I'll be back in a while. Let me try and get you something to change into?" she nodded again and began to pull open the door, anxious to get out the dirty clothes and into a tub of hot water. Killion smiled at her eagerness and turned to walk away. He was glad that everything had worked out well. Now to meet his mother. He thought as he headed off towards the Barrageway's residence.

"Bathing salts, lavender oil, tea tree oil..." Havillah read out the labels and proceeded to pour out each into the steaming tub of hot water. She was mixing things up, but she did not know any better. Anything to bring about freshness, she thought as she slipped out of her long Triban robes and the inner camisole before slid down the long tub, relishing the feel of hot water on her bare back.

"Now, this is the paradise." She sighed, closing her eyes in unbridled delight.Havillah remained soaked up in the water for a long while, until it started to grow warm and she decided to begin scrubbing herself. She lathered her long hair with soap and rinsed it before stepping out in a fluffy towel and a matching robe for her body.