Chapter 8

He looks at her with such an intensity in his eyes, that makes her feel both, scared and safe. She wants to give into him already but she knows that when she does this, she would be depending on him, she would risk a heartbreak again or something even worse. "What would happen if he is also like George? " She thinks, she is already aware of the fact that Lysander is her mate but what would happen if he also treats her like the one before him did. The walls she built up around her all those years to keep people away from her would just fall down like that? She looks up to his face to see him already staring at her, making no attempt to approach her. She stares at him, hoping to show him the fear and unsureness she feels through her eyes. He growls a low and dangerous growl and turns around, making his way out of the room.

He waits for her response, while she stands before him, looking at the ground, probably fighting with herself. He wants to know her fears and protect her, can't she understand it? She is his mate, therefore his first priority and he can't do her any harm, not that he wants though. He waits for something, for a word, she could give him anything, but when the only thing he gets is the scared and unsure look in her eyes, a thought comes to his mind, something he hopes not to happen so badly: "What if she does not trust me? " Lysander can feel his heart break into million little pieces when he thinks about that further. He turns around and goes out of the room, making his way to his office.

She feels tears build up in her eyes and when the first one falls, she realizes something: She cannot let this man leave her! The man that made her cry and laugh in just one day. "To hell with these walls!" She thinks to herself. The only thing she wants now, was Lysander...She leaves the room and goes down the hallway and turns left, she remembers the way that she went before and reaches the living-room. There is a big, soft-looking sofa and Luke is sitting on it, watching something. He seems very interested in the TV show he is watching. She slowly reaches the side of the sofa he is sitting on and then he finally notices her. "Luna! " He stands up, bows his head and raises it again. "What do you need? " -"Do you know where Lysander is? " -"He must be in his office. Should I show you the way? " -"That would be really nice. Thank you! "As they reach their destination, Luke bows again, making Jane stare at him. When he raises his head and sees his Luna staring at him, his eyes become wide with shock, never before had he seen such eyes before, he had seen fractions of them just before, but he didn't get the chance to look at them for longer than mere seconds. She chuckles a bit, making him frown. "W-what 's the matter? " He asks, unsure if there was something on his face as he starts touching it unconsciously and that makes Jane chuckle once more. "Nothing but just hours ago I saw you with that serious face, that made you look so much older than you really are and now, now I see you with that 'Dear in Highlights' look..." - she smiles an amused little smile -"...funny how people's expressions make them look different! " -"It's the same about you Luna..."- that has her eyes widen -"...Just hours ago, you looked so dangerous, your eyes held that cold look that could make anyone feel small and now, your eyes shine with warmness and you don't hold that dangerous look anymore. " -"Luke? " -"Yes, Luna? " -"Can you call me by my name instead of 'Luna' ? " -"Of course, Lu-Jane! " -"Thank you very much. " That is the last thing she says before turning around, taking a deep breath and knocking on the door. When she turns around again, she finds herself alone.

"Who is it? " He asks, not really caring. He isn't really interested in Luke or David asking him about Alpha George as to what he has to do with Jane. That is the only subject he cares about in this moment, her. "What is she hiding? " and "Why isn't she telling me? " are the only questions that are swirling around in his head and they are torturing him. His heart nearly jumps out of his chest when he hears her delicate voice. "It's me! " Those two words have him running to the door but before he opens it, he puts his hands and leans his head on it. "What do you need? " He asks with a small voice, which sounds like a whisper. "I need to tell you something! " He is shocked to hear her voice so close, just as if she did what he did seconds before. But what shocks him more is that her voice sounds just like his, pained and almost not audible. He opens the door almost immediately and is startled by small arms wrapping around him, not a second after he does. "I'm sorry! " She whispers so painfully, that it makes his heart ache even more. "What was it, that you needed to tell me? " He asks, while nuzzling her hair. "Everything! " She says determinedly as she pulls away from their embrace.