Albums Ranked from Worst to Best

9. Debut (5.5/10)
Not a very good part of Björk's career. The album has a few great tracks on it, but it has no where near the emotion, braveness, and experimentalism of later albums. Shows a lot of potential as a debut album, but still not one of my favorites.
Favorite song from the album: Violently Happy

8. Volta: (6.5/10)
The most uninspired of Björk's albums. The brass gets extremely muffled at some moments. However, there are a few gems on this record, such as Innocence and Wanderlust. This is ranked higher than Debut because it has the trademark braveness of Björk later in her career, whereas Debut was rather safe.
Favorite song from the album: Innocence

7. Vulnicura (8/10)
Björk at her most raw and vulnerable. I won't deny that this album had some beautiful moments and strings sections, but at the same time it was just so heavy and paralyzing. The album didn't really move, it was sort of just stuck in place without flowing. Some tracks, especially Stonemilker, are an exception to this, though. It was also a very lyrical album.
Favorite song from the album: Stonemilker

6. Post (8/10)
This album has some beautiful tracks on it, and has probably the most pop appeal of any of Björk's albums. However, the album really isn't as mature as her later stuff, though it is significantly more developed than Debut.
Favorite song from the album: Possibly Maybe

5. Utopia (8.5/10)
I love this album. The only reasons why it isn't ranked higher is because of the production on Sue Me and Losss and because of the unnecessary length of the album. Other than that, it was a beautiful, extremely lyrical addition to Björk's discography.
Favorite song from the album: Tabula Rasa

4. Medúlla (9/10)
Björk's most inaccessible album, and one of my personal favorites. It sets itself apart from other albums by being the only Björk album that doesn't feature any electronics, and is extremely complex and developed from start to finish. Plus, despite its experimentalism, there's songs like Triumph of a Heart and Who is It that shows us Björk hasn't forgotten how to structure a pop song. However, it has some fillers.
Favorite song from the album: Oceania

3. Vespertine (10/10)
Beautiful record. Extremely intimate and almost alien sounding, with subtle microbeats and minimalistic electronica. The album reaches a beautiful climax on Pagan Poetry, one of my favorite Björk songs.
Favorite song from the album: Pagan Poetry

2. Homogenic (10/10)
There's not a single track on here that isn't worth listening to. The booming beats juxtaposed perfectly with the strings, without drowning them out. There's few moments in songs with as much release as the chorus of Jóga. The album is pretty experimental, but has a lot of appeal as well.
Favorite song from the album: Jóga

1. Biophilia (10/10)
This album is of another world. The second most inaccessible following Medúlla, the album is a work of creative genius, with an interactive app going along with it and lyrics that describe things in nature and the universe. The songs are filled with metaphors, even in the music, that relate to the song titles. This was a perfect clean slate for Björk, and the fact that she created three new instruments while making this album only furthers my point.
Favorite song from the album: Cosmogony