Chapter 6 : One Way or Another

x N a t a l i e x

I sat on the kitchen table stool and sighed starring at the bowl of grapes I filled.

"Hey there." Someone called. I turned.

"Hey." I sighed. Courtney smiled and sat down and took a grape. "What are you doing up so early?" She asked. I shrugged my shoulders. She sighed. "What happened last night Natalie?" She asked concerned.

She sighed "I'm... I just feel useless." I admitted, She looked at me in shock. "W-what?" She whispered

. "I. Am. Useless." I say making it clear.

See with Natalie... sometimes this would happen. She's had a bit of Anxiety ever since her mom's death. People try and talk to her, medication around age of 6 but nothing would cure the case. Natalie was depressed. and the meds made her lose a lot of weight.

"No you aren't , how could you say that?" She asked in shock.

"My mother probably felt like I did, she didn't make him happy, His job does, and now I'm always a second choice." I groan

"Natalie, I'm lost!" She admitted.

I turned. "Me too." I sighed. I got up and walked to my room. I grabbed my cellphone and began dialling numbers, there was some serious calls I needed to make. I needed to get out of here .

x C o u r t n e y x

I shook my head and sighed.

"Everything alright beautiful?" Niall asked me walking in with Zayn. " What's wrong ?" Zayn asked eagerly .

I shook my head. Zayn's eyes grew. "Where's Natalie?" he immidatley asked.

Niall's eyes grew and connected to mine. "Courtney, babe just tell us whats wrong?" Niall asked and pulled me into his arms. I hugged him tight.

"Natalie thinks she's useless again ." She sighed . Niall sighed and put his hand through my hair gently and pulled me closer for a hug.

"Why?" He asked. " I couldn't imagine Natalie talking like that , she's such a sweet soul ." Niall complimented .

"Because her-her dad , he never keeps his promise,she feels alone ever since her mom died, they've been arguing a lot more lately and .. it's just hurting her inside-out ." I sighed.

Zayn nodded. " I get that feeling . Feeling like you're alone and don't belong ." Zayn admits .

" When have you ever felt like that lad ?" Niall quickly asked .

" Well I mean-"

"Zayn,you're the only one who can talk to her, she needs to know she's not alone" I interrupted. Zayn nodded. He ran up the stairs like a bolt.

"I just hate seeing Natalie this way. Every time her father does this to her. Everytime he changes their plans. Its all just to much on her Niall" I sighed.

He nodded. "I understand that feeling." he confessed. I looked up and he gave me a small kiss on my forehead. I rested my head on his chest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

x Z a y n x

I ran to Natalies door and began knocking.
" Nat." I called . No answer.

"Natalie,babe..its Zayn , Can I come in ? Let's talk !" I yelled.

Still No answer. Liam and Louis And Harry rushed up behind me.

"Whats going on?" Harry asked. "Are you alright Zayn?" Louis asked worried.
" Is something wrong in there ?" Liam asked .

"Natalie's dad keeps breaking his promises to her , they've been arguing so much , I guess the anxiety is hitting her and she locked herself up in her room and wont answer" I said slamming my fists into the door.

Niall and Courtney ran up the stairs.

"Where did Natalie go when she left?" I asked loudley

"I Heard a door slam, so here" She pointed. " Why she's not in there !?" Courtney eagerly asked .

"I knocked but she wont answer!" I blurted.
I looked down and noticed she had a key lock on her doornob.

"do you guys have some sort of key?" I asked quickly.

"Like for a door?" Courtney asked

"No for my shoe...Obviously the damn door !!" I said angrily .

Courtney nodded and ran to the room across and came back with a key.
" Mr.Maxwell always has a spare one hidden in the fake rose plant over there ." Courtney advised.

I jammed it into the door and shook it in. The door opened slowley and we all looked at eachother and waked in.

"Natalie...." I called. I looked and noticed a note on the bed. "Whats that?" Whispered Liam.

I snatched it and opened it. Courtney leaned and her eyes grew. "Its from Natalie" She announced.

"What does it say?" Louis asked.

I Took a breath and read it:

Zayn,

I just can't really do this anymore. My dad and just have so much going on I don't think he really understands what reality is anymore . He's always in his Music producing fantasy land and doesn't think or wanna turn back to reality with me in it .I decided if my dad dosen't need me around and dosen't care to have the time to see me, I might as well just not live here anymore . What's the use ? By the time you read this ,I'll be on a plane to New York City to live with my Aunt Lisa. Please don't run after me. I've made my decision and its final.. Be safe.

Natalie.

"Natalie left?" Coutney announced. "We have to go after her, Zayn !"

"Its too late by now!" Liam yelled. "Its never too late Liam" I confessed . " I'll just drive right now , I mean she can't be that far ."

"Then go after her." Niall whispered. I looked and then I herd thunder through the windows. and then rain. I looked at everyone. And ran out the door.

" Perfect fu*king timing for rain !" I yelled . I needed to get Natalie.

_____________________________________