(13) Tagalog [Part 1]

Requested by: None

~°•°~

You walked inside your room and sat down on your bed, sighing.

School had been a pain in the butt for you and it had doubled up the stress that you felt ever since those darn assignments started coming in like a tsunami with no warning. However, like most cases, you couldn't let your grades drop or it would be another plate of disapointment served to your parent's faces.

Now, you had to review your Tagalog lessons today because of a test tomorrow. Why you chose this language was a mystery. It seemed interesting and sounded nice. And maybe perhaps you could say mean things to a person you hate with a sweet smile whilst they wouldn't understand a thing you're telling them.

You grabbed the sheet of paper and began to read aloud;

"Kumusta, ako si (Y/n) at ako ay 14 anyos. Mayroon akong (h/c) na kulay na buhok at (e/c) ang kulay ng mata ko.
(Hello, I am (Y/n) and I am 14 years old. I have (h/c) color for my hair and (e/c) is the color of my eyes.)"

"Kumusta po kayo? (How are you?)"

"Ikaw ay lalaki. (You are a boy.)"

"Ikaw ay babae. (You are a girl.)"

"Ako ay babae. (I am a girl.)"

"Ako ay lalaki. (I am a boy.)"

"Salamat. (Thank you.)"

"Walang ano man. (You're welcome.)"

"Ang astig! (It's so awesome!)"

"Mahal kita. (I love you.)"

You sighed in frustration. You had more words to study, but you were already tired from the previous project that you had just finished a while ago. It had required you more energy than expected so it drained you a lot.

Letting out a small tired groan, you decided to rest for a little while as you laid down on your bed. Suddenly, your phone ringtone went off and you sloppily picked it up to see who was calling.

You hit the green button and smiled at the camera. A little embarrassed with how tired you looked like, you positioned the camera to your forehead.

"Yellow."

"Hiii!" Emiko greeted with a grin.

"Sup, Miks. Why'dya call me?" You rolled over to your side and watched her shuffle her camera around the living room with a pout.

"Oh, nothing~!" She slowly spoke, smiling cheekily. "Just checking on my future-sister-in-law, that's all."

You rolled your eyes.

Not too long ago, it had been a huge embarrassment for you to admit that you had caught feelings for the younger Hamada brother. The emotions that you felt were quite new to you and naturally, a curious person would ask someone for advice to check was what wrong or what was happening with them. It was just unfortunate that Emiko was there, and she had immediately cracked the code without even asking a question back at you. Since then, she had been teasing you non-stop and it annoyed you a lot.

"Eh, nothing is much going on. Just me and my Tagalog lessons." You drawled, pressing your cheek on your mattress as you let the camera give a glimpse of your face.

Emiko gave a small chuckle at your reaction. "Ah, Tagalog. I would love to give you a hand but unfortunately I'm still learning the basic words too. But you could ask my brother for lessons! I think?"