Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I stare at the blackboard in the front of the room, looking at the notes my teacher is writing on it. 

Then the bell rings. I put all my stationery, books into my bag and push in my chair before exiting the room.

Upon exiting through the door, I hear the sounds of girls screaming. I look at what they are screaming about to see that it was Jeffrey riding his air cloud board in the middle of the hall. He is getting all the ladies attention and is trying to act cool.

I thought of something funny to do. I make his air cloud board disappear causing his to slip and land on the floor. The guys start to laugh and some of the girls are giggling. He gets up and looks around with a confuse face. I smile secretly before walking away from the scene.

≠–≠–≠–≠–≠–≠–

I have a free period now so I go to my favourite spot in the entire school. The roof. I climb up the ladder and open the door to the roof. No one really goes here which makes this place even better to be alone. I place my bag down and stare up at the sky.

It looks like it is going to rain which I have hope it doesn't since I have just got here. I close my eyes and move my hand across. 

I open my eyes again to see the clouds disappear to reveal the cool blue sky. I smile at it before I take out my notebook and start to sketch the garden in the academy.

Halfway sketching, I jump when I feel a person behind me. I look up to see Duke looking down at me like as if he was more powerful and stronger than me.

"Why would an Elemental like yourself be out here?" I ask looking back to my drawing.

"Why would a student like yourself be out here?" He ask sitting down next to me.

"To isolate myself." I said.

"Why?" He ask in return.

"It's none of your business, Elemental." I sigh not wanting to have this conversation.

Even though you can't see his face, I can tell that he is slowly feeling the frustration of my answer.

"Why are you so powerful?" He said.

"Powerful?" I question him.

"Yeah, powerful. Elder James said so." He said facing me.

"Like I said it's none of your business," I said.

"It is my business." He said grabbing my wrist, stopping me from drawing.

His hands feel warm against my cold wrist. I yank my hand from his grip even though it was so soothing.

"You, Elementals, think that everything is your damn business. Someone should teach you that it's not." I said going back to drawing.

He grabs hold of my hand again.

"Stop it." I glare at him before trying to pull my hand out of his hold. He doesn't let go. He places a hand on my cheek making me glare more at him while my insides were flipping.

"You're so cold. Why is that?" He said.

"It's none of your business." I snarl at him before putting all my stuff in my bag and standing up.

"Let go of me," I said.

"No." He said.

"You ask for it," I said.

I take out my phone and scroll through my contacts.

"What are you doing?" He asked standing up.