Chapter 11

Draco ran from the Gryffindor common room entrance to the top of the astronomy tower, only to find a skinny, blood dark red head girl smoking a cigarette where he normally sat.

"You're in my spot." Draco said defensively pointing to where she was sitting.

"I was here first," she took a puff of her cig and slowly blew it out. "And there's a ton more space to sit." She gestured to the empty room next to her.

"Was that an invitation?" Draco raised his eyebrows.

"Indeed it was. Now sit." She smiled and pat the place next to her. "Want one?" She held out a cigarette.

"I normally don't but what the hell." He took the cigarette. "Light me."

Draco breathed in deeply with the cig between his lips and let out a sigh.

"So blondie," the girl said exhaling smoke. "Why'd you come up here looking so worried?" She stared at him with her blue eyes framed by black eye liner.

A good word to describe her would be goth or emo. She had a leather jacket and leather cuffs on and heavy goth makeup.

"Oh the usual," Draco's voice was casual. "My plan to use a polyjuice potion to pretend to be the guy I love's girlfriend for an hour has failed and now she thinks he's gay because she found me and him talking in the Gryffindor common room after they had this huge fight at breakfast." He took a deep breath.

She laughed. "You're funny. Why haven't we met before?" She leaned forward putting her hands between her legs, elbows resting on her knees which were covered in tight fish-lace stockings.

"Maybe because we're very different." Draco motioned between them.

"You don't even know me yet. I could just be in costume." Her smile was replaced with a smirk.

"Well are you?" Her smirk faded but Draco's grew.

"No." She lowered her head in fake shame.

"What's your name?"

"Macy." She said. "Macy Collins."

"Nice name." She smiled. "I'm stuck with Draco. Nice to meet you." He held out his hand causing her to smile.

"I think we're way past that meeting cue." She shook it anyways and held on, staring deeply into his eyes. "Your eyes are beautiful." She thought for a second. "Mercury."

Draco let go. "Thank you."

"So blondie, if you want I can help on that quest to find the gay love of your life." She said.

Draco laughed. "You say that like we're talking about the weather."

"How's the weather on the gay side?" Her voice mimicked a news reporter and she pretended to hold a fake microphone.

He grabbed the fake mic, holding it close to his mouth. "Quite well Macy. Quite well indeed." His eyes went to look out the window.

"Beautiful view huh?" She stood up and pulled him up too.

"Yea." Draco muttered, leaning on the windowsill. "It is isn't it."

Her arm snaked around his waist and she pulled him close, kissing him on the cheek.

"I'm still gay." He whispered.

"I know."