Chapter 3: First Day

AMBER'S POV

*One Week Later*

My alarm went off for the first day of school, waking me up. I groaned and sat up, rubbing the sleep from my eyes. I turned off my alarm and went into my closet to find clothes to wear.

"Amber, are you up?" I heard my dad asked as he knocked on my door.

"Yeah."

"Okay, just checking." He said, walking away from my door. I decided to an Escape The Fate T-Shirt and some black skinny jeans. I put those on and walked over to my flat iron, turning it on. While that heated up, I ran a brush through my hair, making sure to brush out all of the tangles.

I grabbed my flat iron and started straightening my hair. After I was done, I added a thin layer of black eyeliner and went to the corner of my room where all my shoes were. I grabbed my black Vans and slipped them on, taking one final look in the mirror.

I smiled at my reflection and walked down the stairs where my brother and sister sitting, eating breakfast with my dad.

"Good morning Amber." My mom smiled, placing a plate of food in front of me as I sat down.

"Morning." I said, starting to eat. My brother was going into eigth grade and my sister was going into sixth grade.

"Awhh, I have one daughter going into high school and one going into middle school." My mom smiled. "You guys are growing up so fast." She said wiping a tear.

"Mooom!" We whined.

"Brandi." My dad said.

"Oh fine, you never let me have any fun." She said, going back into the kitchen. "Allison, Aaron, your bus is going to be here soon!" My mom called. They stood up, put their plates in the sink and walked to the door.

"Bye!" They called.

"Bye!" My parents said as I finished my food.

"I'm going to watch TV." I said, getting up and walking into the living room.

"Amber, plate!" My dad said. I groaned and went back to the table, grabbing my plate. My dad got up and rushed into the living room.

"Hey!" I exclaimed, tossing my plate into the sink and diving onto the couch, on top of my dad. We wrestled for the remote a bit before my dad surrendered. I grabbed the remote and hopped onto the couch, flipping through the TV channels. I watched TV for a while before I had to leave to catch the bus.

"Bye mom, bye dad!" I called.

"Bye." They said as I walked out. I stuck my earbuds into my ears and played Escape The Fate's Ungrateful album. It was probably my favorite album that they have ever done. I waited at the bus stop, texting Caige while I waited.

Amber~ Are u riding the bus?

Caige~ Yup

Amber~ Awesome :)

I slipped my phonne into my pocket as I climbed onto the bus, sliding into an empty seat. I put my stuff next to me so I could save the spot for Caige. It took three more stops before Caige got on. I put my stuff onto my lap, leaving room for Caige.

"Hey." He smiled as I took out one of my earbuds.

"Hey." I said.

"Whatcha listening to?" He asked as he put one of the earbuds in his ears. "Picture Perfect, weird choice for the morning but okay." He laughed.

"I'm just listening to the whole album." I shrugged. He put the earbud in his ear and listened with me.

"So, are you excited to be a high schooler?"

"Kind of." I said, bitting my lip.

"Good." He smiled. We continued to talk until we reached the school. I took my earbud back and tossed it over my shoulder, walking with him into the gym to grab our schedules. We got in seperate lines since they were by last names, got our schedules and met up again.

"Do you want me to walk you to your first class?" He asked.

"Sure." I said and he looked over my shoulder.

"English, Mrs. Rozvodovska, E202." He read aloud. "Come on." He said, leading me into the school. We walked up this long winding hallway until we reached the main hallway. We walked down it, reaching the stairs that led up to E Hall.

"What lunch do you have?" He asked.

"A."

"Awesome, same." He said as we stood in front of my class. "So, I'll see you at lunch."

"Yup, bye Caige, thank you."

"No problem, bye Amber." He said, walking back to the stairs as I walked into my class.

***

"Hello class, I am Miss Richardson and I will be your World Geography teacher this year." My teacher introduced herself, at least that's what I hope she said. I was too busy focusing on the boy that was sitting in front of me.

I don't know his name, but I do know that he is very attractive.

"Take this moment to get to know the people around you." I tapped on his shoulder and he turned around.

"Hi, I'm Amber, what's your name?"

"Sam." He smiled. His voice was heavenly.

"Nice to meet you."

"You too." He said, turning back around as the teacher started talking again.

********************************************************************************************

Sam ---------->

Listening to Do Re Mi~ The Sound Of Music -------->

5 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER