Intelligence? •Chapter 6•

The heavy footsteps stopped after a minute of me running away. I looked back and saw a titan who had short blonde hair and a permanent smile. He was holding something in his hand.

Mom.

I looked away with tears starting to brim in my eyes.

I'll keep the other promises mom.

I swear I will.

I headed toward the giant, suffocating crowd and pushed my way through. I only ever heard a few objections as I bumped into people, but they soon gave up; I was already tucked away in the rest of the crowd by the time the even see a wisp of my long, dark-brown hair fly by.

"Hey!" Someone cried out as I ran by them.

I suddenly felt the collar of my now muddy-white dress being forcefully pulled back. I choked on the constriction of the cloth that was tightly being wound around my throat.

"Everyone gets their turn!" The man shouted at me as he turned me around to face him.

I continued to gasp for air as his anger grew, and his grip tightened. He continued to ramble on about my manners and morals, but I could barely stay conscious. He did seem to realize he was suffocating me. My vision began to blur, but I saw something move in the distance.

Something big.

A giant crash rang out through the inner wall, and the man immediately let go of me. I coughed as the hot, dusty air filled my lungs once again.

As I began to run to the boats again, and the man yelled after me. Upon looking back, I saw a titan with almost platinum blonde hair appear from the dust and ruble of...the wall...

Gears began to turn in my head. In order for them to actually have the idea of breaking the wall, they have to have-

"Intelligence..." I mumbled unbelieving in my own words.

I began to run blindly through the now panicked crowd, and found myself being helped onto the last boat by a soldier.

"W-Wait..." I mumbled weakly as I was lifted into the boat.

I heard someone shout to all the other soldiers.

They were being told that the titan got in, and that they had to start the boats...now.

The crowd began to panic and they started to cause a frenzy. A lot of people tried to jump onto the boat from the dock, but most barely even touched the boat let alone get on it. They fell into the cold water below, splashing, screaming, drowning. The cycle kept repeating no matter how many people attempted this feat.

I sat down on the floor boards, and covered my ears as screams filled the air. Tears trickled down my cheeks as everything that happened dawned on me.

My mom died...

My dad died...

And I was the last one...

on the last boat...

I was in disbelief as the boat's propeller began to rotate, bringing half of the remaining population of humanity with it.