Chapter 2; The project

CHAPTER 2

“The Project”

“Valerie Helling, this is your second detention today.” Said the plum looking teacher, Mrs. Scoth. “Why can’t you be like your older brother, Vincent?”

The class snickered but refused to meet the deadly introvert’s eyes. Valerie on the back seat rolled snorted in annoyance before catching the green sticky notepad on her desk.

She smiled halfheartedly; eversince she started getting detention for cutting classes she ‘bonded’ with her seatmate Dianne Rivers.

Dianne is a junior and the ex-cheerleader of St. Adam’s popular Knights. She used to have light, sandy blonde hair but she dyed the lower part violet.

After a devastating break-up with the school delinquent she’s been having a secret affair with; her popularity took a hard downfall. Now, she smokes at the girls C.R as St. Adam’s skank.

Whattca in 4 this time? – DIa

Valerie took out her pink, sticky notepad and replied; Assaulted the student body bitch- VaL

Dianne gave out a snicker before writing again; I heard U punched her @ her stomach & threw her out the neArest window- DIa

Valerie raised an eyebrow; just how are the rumors at St. Adams THIS extravagant?

On her nose actually- VaL

Oh yes, Valerie could still remember what happened two hours earlier that day.

28th of November, 2 hours ago

LIVERPOOL; St. Adam High School

“Valerie! Valerie Helling please wait up!”

‘Not again!’ Valerie mentally screamed as she fastened her walking pace.

“Valerie Helling, I order you to stop this instant!” Penelope Roads screamed at Valerie, making her left eyes twitch.

This was the third fan girl this morning trying to get to her so Vincent would come with them on a date or a party. She truly hated Vincent for making the ‘invite Valerie first’ condition.

“What do you want.” It wasn’t a question but an irritated demand. Penelope flinched for a moment before giving her ‘professional’ cough. “It’s my birthday and… I really want Vincent to come as my date and-”

Not even finishing her sentence, Valerie began walking away again. She hated parties; what can’t they understand about an introvert wanting to be ALONE?

“I can get you out of detention~” Penelope whispered, hopeful that no student or teacher were around.

Valerie narrowed her eyes at her; she hated liars. Penelope was the student body president and this is what she does? Bribe a student for one man? “Did you bride the students into electing you too?” Penelope’s eyes widened in shock. “Sorry but I’m not interested in doing FILTHY business with you.”

The blonde introvert began walking as fast as she could again until Penelope grabbed her. “Listen when I’m talking to you!”

Her hands were to slow to catch Valerie’s wrist, accidentally grabbing her hood instead. Dark blue eyes widened in shock as the cloth covering her hair and face had been pulled downwards.

Wrong move.

Like a slow motion movie; Valerie’s face became slowly exposed. Dark illuminating, blue eyes, long, beautiful gold locks, red apple lips and the pale skin no one had ever seen but the Helling Household themselves.