Chapter 10 - Erase My Face

SATURDAY, DECEMBER 10

The next day, Naomi's dad picked her up at noon. I was at the mall twenty minutes later, my Hello Kitty backpack full of everything I'd need for my date. I wandered around til I got bored. M·A·C gave free makeovers, so that seemed like a good way to kill time. When I got there, a heavily made-up brunette stood behind the counter.

“Hi,” I said, “I'm going out with this new guy tonight, and I want to look really hot.”

“No problem.” The girl came around the counter and sat me in the makeover chair. “First, we have to get this old makeup off.” She wiped a cleansing pad over my face, then applied base with a sponge and brushed on loose powder. “I'm going to add some primer to your lids to make the shadow really dark.” She smudged charcoal-gray around my eyes, then pale silver highlighter on my brow bones. Liquid eyeliner and two coats of mascara followed. A matte lip finish completed the makeover.

“Well?” she asked. “What do you think? It's a whole new you, right?”

“Yeah, but I can't believe it! I never thought I could look this good.” The M·A·C girl had erased my face and replaced it with something out of my dreams. It was ravishing. Unreal. A stranger's face, yet it was mine.

I thanked her and left, changing in the food court bathrooms. I was sexy, excited, and scared all at the same time. It was really happening! My life was changing.

I didn't want to take the chance I might miss Scott, so I was half an hour early to meet him. I sat on a bench outside the movies and tried to distract myself by reading Kiss of Death. Allura Demone was kicking ass as usual, up to her eyeballs in zombies, werewolves, and evil wizards. The dirtier it got, the more I kept picturing myself as Allura: sexy and powerful, taking what I wanted. I got so turned on, I put the book away and people-watched instead, staring at all the happy couples going to the movies. Soon, Scott and I would be one of them.

What would it be like to have a boyfriend? What would it be like to be married, to be Mrs. Scott Carmichael? I shut my eyes, imagining our life together.

“Hey, Blondie! Wake up.”

I opened my eyes and gasped. Scott was walking toward me wearing the outfit from my dream! The same black leather and blue jeans, the same burgundy scarf. The only difference was he carried a single red rose instead of a dozen. It had to be a sign . . . but of what?

Scott handed me the flower. “I hope the rose isn't too cheesy.”

I stood and hugged him. “Are you kidding? I love it! Thank you.”

Scott put his arm at the small of my back, guiding me into the movies like a gentleman. He bought our tickets, then got us drinks and a large popcorn with extra butter.

We took seats in the back row of the theater. As the lights went down, the previews came on. The last one was for a horror movie, Her Demon Lover. It had the typical plot with some pathetic teen girl getting possessed and acting crazy.

Scott noticed my interest. “You like horror?”

“Yeah, but I'm more into vampires.”

“That's cool,” Scott said. “Vampires are way sexier.”

I smiled and drank my soda.

The movie came on. It was Rage of the Immortals, an ancient Greek fantasy, but all I remembered was making out. First, Scott held my hand and snuggled close, then he was feeding me popcorn. It felt so right, as if we were already a couple, especially when he put his arm around me. The next thing I knew, Scott kissed me. I closed my eyes and savored the softness of his lips. Our next kiss was slow, sensuous. There were more kisses after that, so many I lost count. Scott's tongue found mine, and I surrendered eagerly. His strong hands stroked my hair and kept my face pressed to his, heat seeking heat.

I melted, floating in the velvet darkness, rising out of my body toward the ceiling. Fireworks exploded behind my eyes, a million dancing lights that sang my passion. The lights were burning red, blood-red flames that beckoned, filling me with urgent desire.

I fell, shuddering back into my body. The lights were gone, but Scott's touch felt so good, nothing else mattered. My hands began to explore him. First his chest, then lower until—

The manager asked us to leave. Somebody must have complained, but whatever. I'd made sure Scott knew I liked him, and after what my hand found, I knew Scott liked me.

For more about the Author, visit www.JacksonDeanChase.com

© 2014 Jackson Dean Chase. All Rights Reserved.