(7)

Johnny | Lydia

What do you think? I love it

Well that's the main thing then, right? 😉 I think it looks amazing. Lighter suits you a lot.

I've broken the brown trio though. Sadie and Allison have dark hair. I'll be the odd one out now. 😂

I actually kind of like that. Ssh. Don't tell.

Sadie is the one with dread locks right?

How'd you know that?

We're friends on Insta egg. You and your dream team are always popping up on my feed.

Oh duh ! Haha. Of course. Talk soon? I'm about to head into english x

Have a good day 😚

By some miracle, she wasn't late for English. She sat beside Sadie and accepted several compliments on her hair from class mates. Allison was late, the seat in front the two girls empty as usual. Neither of them understood how the third part of their friend group was always late.

The teacher gave them instructions for independent study for an upcoming test and allowed quiet conversation that related to the topic. Not that any of her peers would refrain from irrelevant gossip.

"Have you seen Carter this morning?" Allison questioned, falling into her seat and turning around to face the girls. Lydia and Sadie nodded, not sure where their friend was going with the question. "He looks delicious! I had no idea he was back."

"I did." Lydia shrugged, highlighting the description for hyperbole in her text book. That word always tripped her up. "We bumped into each other in the parking lot after school yesterday."

She glanced up, her pen still on the paper as she looked at her friends expectant faces. When she shrugged, unsure on what they wanted to hear, Allison let out a loud sigh, dramatically tipping her head back. "Revenge sex. You have to. The hot best friend of the cheating ex. It's perfect."

"I'm not really into meaningless sex," Lydia pursed her lips, not wanting to finish the sentence with 'like some people'.

She didn't judge her best friend for who she spread her legs for. That was her business and she respected that. But she didn't like the fact that Allison was so determined to get Lydia's count up a few more numbers.

"It's not meaningless!" Allison objected, smacking her gum as she pulled her mouse brown pony tail tighter. "The meaning is to get even."

"He does look good in the school uniform," Sadie nodded, Allison snapping her fingers in agreement.

"We used to say that about Riley too," Lydia muttered, her gaze directed down on the text book but her attention elsewhere.

"Riley looks like a six foot walking, talking dog turd!" Sadie declared with a firm voice, managing not to shout.