Chapter 26

Harry and Hermione fell asleep together that night. Harry was laying on his back and Hermione lay on his uninjured shoulder, her head on his chest, her ear right over his steadily beating heart. Her one arm lay in his stomach which was bare as his shirt rode up, exposing his abs. Her hand was placed tenderly on his abs. Her breasts were pressed to his side. Harry's arm which wasn't in a cast was wrapped around her waist, his hand under shirt.

They looked peaceful and content they don't look like teenagers forced to grow up due to a war wherein they were expected to finish.

With this in mind, of course, nightmares are present- whether you liked it or not.
———————————————————————
Harry found himself in a long corridor with a door at the end where he could hear screaming from within. The screams were of someone who was being tortured. His heart tugged with familiarity. His breathing became labored and came in short gasps.

"Hermione!" he screamed as he sprinted towards the door.

The screams were getting lourer although he was no where nearer to the door. In fact, he felt further and further away with each step from the door.

"Hermione, hold on!" he called out to her, running faster to no avail. He still couldn't get near the door.

As if hearing his voice, she screamed out, "Harry, help me!"

"I'm coming, Hermione! Hold on!" he screamed.

Then... "HARRY!" The scream was so blood-curdling, he panicked. And he was right to- for his ears met silence.

Unfazed by the sudden change, he continued to run towards the door which was getting nearer and nearer. Finally, he reached the end, pulled out his wand and blasted the door off its hinges. The sight made his eyes see red.

In the dark room, Hermione lay prostate on the floor, her head turned towards him. Her eyes were opened unseeingly, her chocolate brown orbs which were once looking at him with love and concen are now devoid of life. There was no blood, however, which meant that she was hit by the same curse that took away many of his loved ones.

Looking up, he saw Voldemort looking at him, his noseless face held a sneer. His wand was still pointed towards the witch on the floor. He laughed mirthlessly.

"You have failed again, Harry Potter. You are powerless to stop me. Now, I have taken your precious Mudblood's life. Such a shame, really, you couldn't reach her in time. You can't save everyone you love from me. I will hunt them down, one by one, and kill them in front of you," he taunted.

Harry screamed painfully and jabbed his wand at the Dark Lord, a green light rushing towards the pale man who was only cackling.

The curse hit his adversary square on the chest and he disappeared into thin air without a trace. Now feeling drained, he dropped his wand then dropped on his knees, his eyes on the witch who had stolen his heart from the moment she barged into their compartment years ago. He crawled towards her, his heart constricting painfully in his chest. Once he had reached her, he gathered her lifeless body in his arms and willed her chocolate eyes to focus on him.

"Hermione... please... come back to me, love. Please come back," he pleaded.

Receiving no answer, his tears fell from his eyes in cascading rivulets. His lips met her curly hair, kissing her on the head tenderly.

The scene changed. Looking around, he was on Hogwarts grounds. He noticed some people huddling close a few feet in front of him. Running towards them to take a closer look, he was surprised when the people made way for him to pass. In front of them were a lot of marble slabs standing upright, coming up to the thighs. When he came closer, his breath left him and he felt weak in the knees.