14: Something Relaxing About Sunday.

"She reminds him of every good day he's ever had. Every summer spent in fields of grass. Every sunrise. Every sunset. She tastes like dew and smells like light. And when she speaks, it's like someone is slowly plucking the strings of a guitar, a sadly beautiful song starting to play, all his own.

And he loves her."

-

*may or may not contain smut*
(It does)

Evelyn's POV

"I love you."

I immediately stopped laughing. Just a couple days ago I decided that I didn't love Justin. At least not like a boyfriend. I like him a lot, but I don't love him. I don't love him. Maybe I should just pretend I didn't hear him. "You done with your drink?" I asked. He picked up his drink and shook it. I could hear the amount of liquid still in the cup. His face was unreadable. He didn't look sad or anything. "You wanna come to Canada with me?" He asked after a moment of silence. "No seriously. I want you to come with me." He had mentioned that he was going to Canada soon but never told me a specific date. "Well yeah of course I'd love to go. When?" I smiled.

"Well I leave tomorrow night. And I can get you a ticket right now, there can't be that many people flying to Stratford on a Sunday night, right?" He chuckled. He was smiling, but it was a fake smile. I could tell it was forced. "Okay. Yeah, I'll go." I grabbed his hand. I gasped, "Wait- do I get to meet Jazzy and Jaxon?" He nodded. "Oh my goodness. I can't wait to meet them, I wish Sydney could come, I'm sure she'd love it." I frowned. I don't really talk to Sydney much. Not because I don't like her though. I love her, she's my sister. But we're 12 years apart. We don't have much in common.

"Well then it's settled. We'll be on a flight tomorrow night going to Canada. I can help you pack," He suggested. "I know the weather, so i could help with picking things out." I nodded. He's so cute and fuck he loves me. Does he actually love me, or what it a just in the moment thing? You know when a pretty girl comments under your picture calling you pretty and you've either never met her, or have but never speak to her and you comment back "I love you!!!!" With a ton of heart emojis. Was it one of those I love you's? Was it premature?

Should I have said it back? "Your food is gonna get cold." I guess I had been deep in thought for a while, because my food was indeed cold. "Cold McDonald's fries are as good as trash." Justin chuckled. "You're right about that girl." He snapped his fingers in a "Z" formation. "You're so weird." I pushed his shoulder, continuing to eat my sad, cold fries.

We headed to my house so he could help me pack. Honesty, I'm excited! I've never been to Canada, which is weird because I've been to Mexico a million times with it being so close to La. "What the weather like?" I asked, unlocking the door. It wasn't too late, it was only 10:30 and no one in his family goes to sleep that early on a weekend. "Hey Eve-" My mom noticed Justin. "Evelyn, and Justin." She smiled at us. Walking over to the two of us, and giving us both hugs. My mom was one of the first to know about Justin officially asking me to be his girlfriend, and she loved him.

"Justin," My dad walked over as well, holding his hand out for Justin to shake. "Hey guys." He smiled awkwardly. In the car we decided that Justin would be the one to ask if I could go to Canada. I know what you're thinking you're a whole adult. You don't have to ask to do anything. But it's not that simple.

"What's going on here?" My dad asked, walking back into the living room. Justin pressed his lips together. "Um," He began. "Evelyn and I were wondering if she and I could go to Canada to see my family." My mom said and clapped her hands together. "Meeting the family?! I love it! Of course, when? Next month? 2 months?" Oh lord. "Tomorrow." Justin answered quickly. My dad sucked air through his teeth signaling that it might be a problem. Call my a child, but behind my large dress I had my fingers crossed hoping they wouldn't say no.