Tooth

Lindir sat at his desk, writing the events of the meeting from earlier that day. Lord Elrond had left the study a few moments ago, needing some fresh air.

The sound of the heavy doors of the study being opened, caused the dark haired elf to look up. He smiled at the sight before him.

"Moon and stars, what are you doing here," he asked, lifting the elfling up into his lap, and kissing his daughter's forehead. Taneniel giggled and pointed to the door. A few seconds later, you appeared.

"She's getting faster. I'm not as young as I once was."

Lindir gasped. "Our little elfling causing trouble?! I shan't hear such things."

Taneniel giggled again. "I'm good elfling Ada."

Lindir kisses her forehead. "Of course you are. Why did you run from nana?"

"Because someone wanted to show her Ada something," you interject before the little Elleth could respond.

Lindir's gaze fell to you. He then looked back at your daughter, question in his eyes. You motion for your daughter to show your husband.

Taneniel giggled and showed him her teeth. A new open spot was right near the front. Lindir's eyes widened to see the empty space.

"Oh Valar. I do believe our little one has lost her first tooth!"

Taneniel giggles and throws her arms around your husband's neck. "I'm a big elf now Ada. Nana says that I will have a new one grow there."

Lindir nods. "Nana is very wise," he leans closer to her ear. "Did Nana ever tell you she knocked my first baby tooth out?"

Taneniel gasps and looks to you. You roll your eyes. "Oh please. I had no idea you were behind the door. Besides, it was that blow to the head that finally got you the courage to speak to me after that."

Lindir flushed. "True, but it still hurt."

You smile and kiss his cheek. "Better?"

"Much better," he said and got up out of the chair. "Now, let's go join everyone else for dinner."

Taneniel squirms to get down, and grasps your hand and Lindir's, pulling you both to the Hall of Fire.

A/n: something short and sweet.