10

Nervously he waited outside the door, he had to turn away from it. It's been years, hell close to seventy years he had been on a date. He didn't remember feeling this nervous before, not with his stomach doing flips and his pulse beating like crazy. He heard the door open behind him, and he turned to face you.
Bucky felt his jaw go slack, his eyes widening as they took you in. God, you looked beautiful. You looked down at the floor, fidgeting with sides of you dress. You must be as nervous as he was from the looks of it.
"You are beautiful." He breathed out, your eyes darted up to him, cheeks flushing.
"You don't look so bad yourself." You replied, a shy smile graced your face. You stepped out into the hall, he held out his arm and at first you gave him a quizzical look. Bucky chuckled lightly grabbing your hand in his other hand, putting it into the crook of his elbow.

He took you to a small restaurant a couple blocks from the tower. The lights were turned down low, and soft music played in the background. Bucky held your seat as you sat down, he joined sitting across from you. His crisp white button down was tight on him, and his slacks had hugged his thighs the entire walk there.
"It's been a long time since I've been on a date. A couple of years actually." You admitted after the waiter had taken your order. You could feel yourself blushing.
"It's been a lot longer for me, I promise." He chuckled, reaching across the table grabbing your hands as they fidgeted with the napkin. "You're not the only one nervous, okay?"
"I guess I just never thought that I'd be able to go on a date." Your eyes met his, your heart skipped a beat again. "But I'm glad you asked."

"What are you working on, Kay?" Steve asked the girl, sitting on the floor next to her. He peered over her should looking at her notebook.
"I'm writing." She replied, not looking up.
"Okay then, what are you writing?" He chuckled looking over at his shoulder to Natasha who was cooking dinner the small kitchen of the apartment.
"A new line of code for one Tony's computer program. I noticed it tends lag between in put time and response." She replied, stopping briefly. She chewed on the end of the cap, the way her brows knotted together, pursing her lips to the corner of her mouth for a moment. It reminded of him of someone else, she stopped what she was writing and look at him. Her bright intense eyes locking with his, then her eyes went wide and she started writing something a quick rate. "I can't wait to show him. He's going so happy."
"Have you written a lot of computer codes before?" He asked her as Natasha set down some plates.
"Yes," She said flatly, putting her book on the floor and pulled the plate to her. "Dad and Dr. Kenzie alway had me writing computer codes or working on genetic code of some sort."
"You understand genetic codes too?" Natasha asked siting on the couch behind them.
"Genetic codes are easy, what was hard was the virus's they had me tampering with. They wanted them strong, and worse." She sighed, and looked over at Steve. A pained looked crossed the little girl's face. "I'm glad mom took me. I knew what I was doing was wrong but I couldn't say no. Dad would get so mad at me when I tried, and he would threaten to hurt mom."
"What?" Natasha glanced to Steve, her face full of confusion.
"Dad wasn't so bad when Dr. Kenzie was around. But he made me call him Uncle Kenzie." The girl shuttered. "I mean, I wish I had family but not like him."
"Well, if you want, you can call me Aunt Natasha." Kayla's head whipped around, pure joy spread across her face.
"You mean it?" She breathed excitedly.
"Yes, and you can call him Uncle Steve." She nodded in his direction. The child flung herself at Natasha, thanking her repeatedly, looking over her should at Steve through thick lashes.
"Hay, Kay, you think you and Natasha could play a game. I need to go talk to Tony for a couple minutes." Steve asked, the girl grabbed her notebook ripping the piece of paper she had been working on off.
"Can you give him this for me?" She asked thrusting it at him.
"Sure will." Steve replied taking the paper and standing. He walked to the door, casting the two a glance before leaving.
"So, you want to be a really good spy like your Aunt?" She asked, a grin spread across her face. Kayla nodded enthusiastically. "First things first you have to be really good at hide and seek."

Steve walked into Tony's lab, sliding the sheet of paper of the desk in front of him. Tony stopped what he was doing and looked down at the sheet. He glanced up at Steve, brows knotted together as confusion spread out.
"Kayla said something about your computers lagging. She thinks this might work." Steve told him, Tony held up the paper reading through it again, and nodded.
"Kid is good." He explained, inputting the code.
"Tony, I favor to ask of you." Steve said, leaning against the desk.
"Depends." Tony replied not looking up at the man.
"Can you access Kayla's medical records? Specifically dealing with DNA?"
"You'll definitely owe me for that." He chipped looking up at the super soldier. "It'll take me a bit what am I looking for?"
"Has to stay between us?"

"Then what happened?" You giggled, swirling the wine in your glass.
"Well, he ended up throwing up on the poor girl. It's the last time I took him on a roller coaster." Bucky chuckled, the two of you had finished you meals and were just sitting and talking. Getting to know one another, and you reveled in every minute of it.
"That poor girl." You shook your head, looking up at him. He paid the check, as you the two of you stood to leave.
"So any plans for tomorrow?" Bucky asked as he held the restaurant door open for you to leave.
"No, probably just the same thing I do every day." You shuttered against the cool breeze, looking at him out of the corner of your eye.
     "Maybe I can steal you and Kayla away for a picnic on top of the tower." He brought his arm up resting it over shoulders, pulling you close. Heat radiated off his body, warming you.
The two of you walked together back to the tower. You never wanted this night end, despite the chill in the air you felt a warmness growing in you. Something you hadn't felt in years, one you had honestly given up on. His eyes lit up as he talked about his childhood in Brooklyn, how the city used to be.
Before you knew you were standing at your door, Bucky's grin was contagious.
"I had a wonderful time tonight." You told him, holding your doorknob.
"So did I, y/n." He stepped closer you, sliding his hands on your waist. Those intense eyes locked onto yours. Slowly he leaned in, your heart jumped, butterflies danced like crazy. You closed yours eyes, trying to keep yourself from shaking.
Suddenly you felt the doorknob ripping from hand, a breeze pulled in behind you.
"Hey guys." Natasha announced from behind you. You felt Bucky pull his hands from your waist, the warmth leaving your side was replaced by the cold in the hall.
"Hi Nat." Bucky said coarsely.