Chapter 21

L E O N

Six hours later and I was pushing this baby out of me

"Okay! You are there! Just push!"

Said the sweet old doctor. It was a small old man who was incredibly soft spoken and sweet. He made this a lot more comfortable, especially since he was all up in my goodies.

"OH FUCK!"

I yelled out as I pushed as hard as I could. It hurt like all hell, but I needed to get this child out of me!

"And here! Welcome to the world little baby!"

He said, cooing at my screaming child. I slugged back into the sweat coated covers and wanted to cry. Samuel had been by me the whole time, but I it was not the same. Vlad should have been here.

"Is the baby okay?"

I slurred to Samuel.

"Yeah, he is okay, they are cutting the cord right now and cleaning them off."

I nodded and let all the tension fall from my body. I was too fucking tired.

"Here's your baby! It's a boy!"

Said the doctor making me cry. I opened my eyes and saw my crying bundle of joy. I gently took him from the doctor and shushed him. He had the smallest nose, cute full lips, and his hands were in fist on the blue blanket.

"He weighs seven pounds, nine ounces, and is perfectly healthy. He's all yours unless you're too tried?"

Said the doctors. I shook my head and said I was fine. The baby hushed and latched onto my nipple happy just to be fed.

I let him suckle and looked at Samuel who was crying.

"What is wrong?"

I asked worriedly. He shook his head and whipped away his tears.

"N-nothing. I am just overwhelmed with everything that is going on, like holy shit you just had a kid."

He said crying even harder. I was worried but did not know what to do. He sniffled and blew his nose on a tissue, making me grimace.

"It is okay Sammy. We will be home soon. Let us focus on the now. Just take some deep breaths and calm yourself down."

I said to him reaching out a hand. He took it and squeezed, nodding. He sat down in the chair next to me and looked at my bundle of joy who was now sleeping. I closed my eyes and decided to join him.

 "Go take a nap."

Samuel looked over at me and nodded. He got up and went and laid down in the bed next to me. I had sunk back in the covers and made sure my baby was all right in my arms. Closing my eyes again I sighed.

I was going to be home soon.

The next few days were uneventful. I did not want to name the baby yet. I was going to let Vlad have the honors since he missed a lot of the pregnancy. I just called him pup in the meantime.

Currently I was showered, pup was in my arms, and Conway was checking us out of the hospital. Me and Samuel were once healthy again and well fed. We had been malnourished and dehydrated but now we were okay thanks to a few days of TLC.

I watched pup sleep in my arms and smiled. He had his daddy's curly hair and green eyes. My eyes watered and I wanted to cry, but I held back the tears.

"Come on, let us get you to my parents. They lead this village here."

He said to me. I nodded and grabbed the baby bag I had been given. We had everything pup needed in here.

"So, are we close to your parents' house?"

I asked him. He shook his head and pointed to a big house down the street.

"Right there!"

He said making me laugh. No one said anything on our small walk to the house. When we made it, Conway let us inside and sat us down on a beautiful white couch.

Everything was modern in here, even though they were cut off from the rest of the world here.

"Welcome! I'm glad you two are doing okay!"

A man said as he walked into the living room. He was dressed in loose white pants, loafers, and a blue sweater. His brown hair was in a bun and he was flying with his wings out. A woman floated next to him in a light blue dress and flats.

"Thank you, sir. I'm guessing your Conway's father?"

I asked sticking out my free hand to shake his. We shook heads and him and his wife floated down to the couch across from us.

"Yes, we are. Conway told us a lot about you two, thank you for keeping him company while he was trapped in that god awful place."

Said the women. I laughed nervously and shook my head.

"If anything, he deserves all the thanks, he came back for us."

I said smiling at a blushing Conway. He sat next to his mate blushing.

"So, we hear you are trying to get back home?"

Said the women looking at Samuel and me.

I nodded and Samuel nodded rapidly too.

"Well best bet is for you to stay here and we send out a group to contact your mate. Everything is on high alert right now; you have people looking for you."

She said making me frown.

"How come they cannot find us here?"

I asked. She chuckled.

"We have ancient magic on our side. We can teach you the ways so people cannot tap into your powers anymore. This is an incredibly old tribe."

She said making me nod. I was surprised but intrigued.

"Please, it would be an honor to learn from my elders."

She laughed and stood up, this time on her feet instead of floating.

"That settles it then. We will send a group out tomorrow morning! It will take a week to get there and a week to get back as we must go around all the territories of the enemy. Until then you stay here where it is safe, and we will train you."

I nodded happy, at least I will have something to do.

Pup started to whine in my arms, and I shushed him. He opened his green eyes and gave a big yawn making my heart melt.

"He is so cute!"

Said Conway's mom, flying over to me.

"Is he also a pixie?"

She asked looking at me. I chuckled and shook my head.

"He is half pixie. His daddy is a werewolf."

I said bopping my baby's nose. Pup giggled and I all but swooned.

"Aw! We will let us get started on the training in a bit. I made cookies; would anyone want."

Samuel and I took her offer up and she left to get us cookies.

"Okay, so I will have the team leave tomorrow. If all things go well, they will be back in two weeks' time. Your mate with them. We cannot teleport there because of the magic shield they have up."

He said explaining why no one can use magic. I mean what is the point of having it if you can use it?

I sighed and nodded looking at my cute baby. He was the only thing keeping me sane. I kissed his head and nuzzled him.

"I love you..."

EDITED 12/07/20