Birthday||(Drunk) Link x Reader

I sat next to Zelda humming a soft tune. I was wrapping up a little gift for a special someone. It was warm by the fireplace in Hyrule Castle. Outside the castle, winter swept over the land. Zelda was hanging party decorations while snow fell lightly, outside the window.

"Finished!!" Beamed Zelda, stepping back to view beautiful birthday decorations hanging from the walls. I walked over to her, placing an arm around her shoulder. "He's gonna love it" I smiled.

An hour past. The guests were starting to arrive. The guests were the Champions of course. Urbosa, Daruk, Revali, and Mipha. I couldn't help but roll my eyes when I saw Mipha walk in. Yes, we were friends, but there's something I can't stand about her.
"I just wishe-" "EVERYONE HIDE, HES COMING!!!" Zelda screeched, interrupting my thoughts.

We all scattered around the castle, trying to find a hiding place. I ended up hiding right next to the one and only, Mipha. I sighed, crouching down next to her. She smiled sweetly at me, as usual. She looked like she was about to whisper something to me, but quickly shut her mouth when we heard the front door creak. He walked in.

I peered from my hiding spot, looking at Link's confused face. "It's so quiet here, maybe everyone's in the kitchen..?" he asked himself. I got into my jump-scaring stance, as he walked into the kitchen. Mipha looked over at me, gave me a nod, and counted down from 3.  "3, 2, 1!"  "SURPRISE!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINK!!" We both shouted, revealing ourselves from our hiding spot. Everyone else jumped out when they heard us scream "surprise".

Link jumped back in shock. He looked around the room, seeing his friends. Beaming with happiness, he pulled all of us into a group hug. "Thank you guys! It's been awhile since I've had a birthday party..". Zelda smiled at him. "Well let's start the party!"

Daruk and Urbosa ran straight into the cabinet and pulled out many things. You know, snacks, punch, the cake, alcohol ;). Tonight is gonna be fun, I can tell. As I turn around, I already see Mipha all over Link, chatting up a storm. "You damn fish-face princess" I muttered under my breath.

My best friend Revali heard me. "Still despise her, eh? Funny how you hate the person Link likes, and I hate the person she likes" he smirked. "Shut it birdbrain" I scowled. "Whatever you want, you jealous biatch~" He chuckled. I shot him a death glare, turning again to face the two.

Maybe a little explanation should help: You and Link had been extremely close since you were little. You both had smol crushes on each other many times. As you both grew older, things got a bit more serious. But nothing special happened, yet. Then he became the appointed knight. You were proud of him. You guys went everywhere and traveled Hyrule. But when you arrived at Zora's Domain...that's when everything changed. Instantly, he took a liking to the Zora Princess, Mipha. He was so busy with her, and boasting about how amazing she was. Obviously, you pretended like everything was A-ok. It hurt how you felt so below this Girl. And she was the sweetest person ever, making it hard to hate her. Just recently, they started dating. (Ok enough backstory, Author-chan will leave now. Back to 1st person).

I sighed as I saw Mipha cling onto her loved one. "It's his birthday, I should be having fun, I should focus on-OMG DARUK ARE YOU OK?!?" I panicked. He was running around in circles like a child, screaming "LEEDLE LEEDLE LEEDLE". Urbosa jumped onto Daruk's back and rode him like a horse. "WOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!!!" (Idc if this sound wrong) Zelda and Revali just face palmed and walked away. After some food, dancing, and fighting, there were two things left to do at this party. 1. Eat teh cake. 2. Open presents.

All of us sang Happy Birthday to Link. He blew out the candles and we ate some cake. I got excited as the time became closer for him to open presents.
15 minutes passed. I led Link down to the couch and made him sit. He smiled at me, like a content 4 year old. I blushed slightly, as well as him.

"Alright Link, here's my gift!" Zelda told him. She grabbed a small box and handed it to him. Inside was a Shikah bracelet of some sort. He put it on and waited excitedly for his next gift. I went over to where I placed mine earlier. After I picked it up, I stumbled my way back over to the couch.

"Here, this is for you" I told him in a soft tone.

The box was a beautifully wrapped in red with a gold bow on top. He slowly opened the box, gasping quietly when he saw it. Inside was a picture of us when we were just kids. I made the gorgeous frame around the picture myself. It was very intricate. In the picture, we were sitting on a grass field, hugging, as the sun set.

"Do you remember this day" I asked him, hoping for a good response. He turned his head, smiling, as a tear fell down his cheek. "Of course I do!". I was suddenly brought into an embrace. He wrapped his arms around my waist and held me close. I could feel everyone's eyes on us. I, of course knew Revali was smirking with his arms crossed.

"Revali, where's your present?" Asked Zelda. "Tch, I don't get presents for people. Here have this birthday card." Revali responded, holding his head up high. "BOI shut your dumb dumb bubble gum bird ass up. I saw you walking in with a gift for Link. Stop trying to act like you don't care about him." I laughed, exposing him.

-Time Skipppp-

The winter storm got worse outside and nobody was willing to walk home. So, even though it was last minute, everyone slept over. Almost everyone was drunk, especially Link. He stumbled over to me. "Heyyyyy Y/n~" he slurred. "Have I ever told you how hot you are?". I sighed.

"Link, your drunk.."

"N-N-No!! I am not drunkszsz. I'm saying the truth. Even if I didn't drink, I would still tell you dat. And I would k-kiss you on them dere lipsss-" he retorted. I turn a bright red. He smirks back.

"You have a girlfriend, stupid.". He smiles at me. He quickly grabs me and slams me against the nearest wall, kissing me roughly. I kiss back in response. I don't care if Mipha sees us. I'm suddenly being picked up by him. I wrapped my legs around Link's waist, not breaking the kiss.

"Oh shit..." squawks Revali, passing by us.
Link carries me right past everyone, while making out. Mipha stares at him, mouth opened in shock, disbelief, and hurt. We get into his bedroom.
-Reserved for the Appointed Knight-
reads the sign. He puts me down.

"Link...what is all this? Why are you doing this?" I question. "Because, I'm dumb" he starts. "Because I realized how I've been ignoring my favorite person in the world, for a Zora that I liked. I didn't see how I could be hurting you. Until last night, that's is. I'm sorry about everything." He looks down at the ground.

"Yeah, but people move on. You found someone else who you loved. Don't worry about me..I'll still be by your side. Besides, Mipha will be heartbroken." I replied, not looking at him.

"No, Y/n"

I peered up at him.
"What?"

"I love you, I don't want to be with her" he told me. Before I could even say anything, he passed out.