Chapter 4

Lotus flower,   

The day Adrian accepted my friend request was just like any other day. It was nothing special, really.   

I came home from school and logged onto Facebook, like I always did.   

When Facebook loaded, I got a few notifications and one of them said, "Adrian Rider accepted your friend request."   

His accept was nothing special, it didn't make me smile, it didn't do anything really. He was just another friend on Facebook. Well until he started talking to me, that is.  

I was about to log off, when he messaged me about you!  

"Hey, are you Noah's friend?" 

 "Yeah, and you must be Noah's friend too?" I asked him.   

"Yup! That's me :) Nice to meet you!"   

"You too :)"   

I never really thought he would reply back to that, but he did.  "So, how old are you? I heard you're older than Noah."   

"Hehe, yes I am. I'm sixteen, you?"   

"Seventeen :)"  

"Really? How did you and Noah meet then?" I mean a two years difference? I know that's not that much, but still . . .  

"We were childhood friends," he answered back.  

 "Awe, that's sweet!"  

"I guess, but um . . . I know we just met and everything, but would you be able to help me with something? Please?" That was a little strange, but hey it was your friend, so of course I accepted!  

"Sure, what do you need help with?" 

 "Well, um, say you have this friend, and he's dating someone you like, and the person he's dating kind of likes you too, what would you do?"  

Wow! Okay, that was just really confusing! Your friend was something special alright. He was the only person, that I knew, that would ask someone he just met for relationship advice.   

"So this person is you?" I questioned him.   

"Is it that obvious . . .?"   

I had to laugh here, I mean come on! Everyone who has a brain would have figured it out!  

"Well yeah, but, um, are you sure you want advice from me?"  

I was only sixteen at the time! I didn't want to give your friend any wrong advice or anything! I didn't want him to blame it on me if I ruin his relationship or something!  

"Yes! I just need people's opinions on what I should do." 

"Well, if this friend of yours is dating the person you like, and that person likes you too, I really don't think your friend should be dating that person. Mostly because it's not fair to him if his girlfriend likes a different guy, right?"  

"You're right, but I don't want her to break up with him, and come to me. What kind of friend would I be if I do that?"  

"True, but do you really like this girl?" I asked him.   

"Yes, of course I do, she's amazing, smart, outgoing, sweet, adorable . . . the list can go on, but I think you get it!"   

Okay, what's with you guys telling me the girls you like are amazing?   

"Yes, I get it :)"   

"Good, but what should I do?" 

 "Well I think you should just talk to your friend about it. Tell him how you feel."  

"Well okay, I'll take your advice for it. I'll do that :) Thank you so much for helping me; a complete stranger!"  

"You're not a complete stranger, you're a friend of Noah."  

"True, he's lucky to have met a girl like you :)" 

 You know something, I really wonder what he meant by that, but I guess I would never know, since I didn't ask him about it.  

"Thanks :)"  

"Welcome, and oh wait! Noah wants to talk to you, he's here with me :)"  

Oh My God! You had no idea how nervous I was when he told me that! It was a good thing I didn't say anything too embarrassing! That would have been really bad . . .  

"Hey Violet ;)"   

"Hey Noah :)" 

 "Thanks for helping my friend there! I told him the exact same thing! But he didn't listen to me :("  

"Awe, I'm sorry, maybe he just needed another person's opinion?"   

"I guess, and thanks for adding Adrian :)"  

"What are you talking about, he added me . . ."  

"I know, but you requested him, he wouldn't request you when I asked him."  

"Why not?" 

 I was a little bit afraid of your answer, mostly because if your best friend didn't like me, that would've been bad! I mean what if he told you not to be friends with me? Then what?  

"Because he's a scaredy cat! He's a little bit shy ;)"  

I was about to answer you, when I got another message.  

"No!! Don't listen to him Violet, I am not shy. Noah's the shy one ;)"  

"Am not!" you typed back.   

"Yes you are Noah!" Adrian typed back. 

"No. . ."  

"See! You are :)"  

I remembered you guys continuing that conversation for a while, just going back and forth. After a while, I just give up, and stopped the two of you before you filled up my chat box with your fighting.  

"Okay! Stop it guys, can we just say that both of you aren't shy and move on?"  

"Fine!" Adrian said.   

"Agree ;)" you said.   

"Good xD"   

"Oops, sorry Violet, we have to go. We were suppose to be doing our science project together, but you distracted us, so we gotta go, bye Violet <3"   

Just from the heart next to my name, I knew it had to be you answering me.  

"Sure, bye Adrian :)"  

"Hey! What about me? I was the one who wrote that message :/"   

Of course I knew you wrote that, but you didn't need to know that right?  

"Of course you did . . . anyways bye Noah :)"  

"Bye ;)"  

So Noah, that was the day I met your friend Adrian. He was a weird one, I'll tell you that, but after that conversation, he grew on me, and soon we actually did become friends, like you and me.   

Love,  

~Violet