ELEVEN

"This is a bad idea

"This is a bad idea. One that I think we should rethink."

Taylor mumbled, shifting stances while eyeing the flickering neon sign. I glance through the glass windows where the waiting room is practically empty apart from the girl behind the desk.

"You've wanted to get a tattoo since high school. I think now is as good a time as any other."

"That and she's dead set stalking Rhys," Jamie puffs as she comes to a stop beside us, keys jingling as she tosses them between fingers. "I managed to get a park but I wouldn't be surprised if there's an angry note when we get back."

"I'm not stalking. I'm checking up on him."

Jamie rolls her eyes and clamps a hand on Taylor's shoulder. "Whatever you have to tell yourself but seriously, getting a tattoo doesn't hurt too much depending on the area. Avoid the ribs though, I think the thighs or shoulders are the best places."

"Only you would be reckless enough to get a tattoo along your ribs," I taunt and notice Taylor's eyes widen. "You've got this, okay?"

After a moment of hesitation she nods and makes the first move to enter the shop. I follow behind with Jamie closing the door afterward. My eyes instantly fall on the drawings plastered to the wall, appreciating the various designs and intricacies of each one.

I nearly knock into Taylor who stops at the counter. The girl behind the desk looks up from her magazine, blowing an obnoxious bubble before popping it. I blink multiple times and feel a sinking sensation that maybe Lachlan gave us the wrong shop on purpose.

"Can I help you?"

"I want to get a tattoo," Taylor states then shakes her head at stating the obvious. "You do walk-ins on Saturday nights and I have something designed already."

She pulls out a folded piece of paper and waves it in indication. "Piper! Customer with design."

I hear laughter echoes from down the hall and the buzzing picks back up. Seconds later a woman with dark red hair emerges, smiling brightly while strutting to the counter. The indication in age difference and the fact there's a tattoo peeking out from her shoulder soothes the nausea.

"Hi. I'm Piper and I apologize for my sister's lack of customer skills. What can I help you with?"

Taylor clears her throat and hands over the folded paper. "I was hoping to get this, probably on my hip if I could. Something similar at least."

Piper unfolds the paper and lets out a low whistle. "Did you draw this?"

"Yeah, is it bad?"

"No. You're very talented... .?"

"Taylor."

"Nice to meet you Taylor," she grins and looks back down at the paper. "Normally I wouldn't do something so realistic but the vectors and tonnage shouldn't be too difficult for me. I'm better with the animations, come on back and I'll get you settled. "