The Math Teacher pt. 15

The Math Teacher

... I don't want to wait until after you graduate. I need to be with you now. However, I promise that I will be here until then. I don't know what is going on, but I trust you. I love you.

...

Part 15

Will's POV

"I'm so very lost. What does a man do when his love has been taken? What can a person do when his Regan is gone? My heart feels like it has been stripped of its divine right to know the happiness of love itself. Was I wrong to ask so much from a young girl? Was she too naive? Or was it me; perhaps I was the one who was the adolescent. I could have corrupted this growing young woman."

"STOP!!!!!!"

"who am I?"

"I love this girl. She knows more about me than any one person could know another. I can never feel closer to her than I do when we're together. We may have begun as one student and teacher, but it is so beyond what I could have ever imagined."

Knock-Knock

I turned and Mr. Green was standing in the doorway with one of my subject books in his hands. "Hello. May I help you?" I asked as I sat in my desk chair.

"Mr. Simon. Miss Regan asked me to hand her book into you." He began

Regan, she hates me so much that she can't even hand in her book herself. Why is she doing this to me?

Mr. Green handed me the book and I thanked him. As he walked out the door, I looked at the book. I was so angry. In my rage I slammed the book down onto my desk. As the bind hit the desk top, I noticed a folded piece of notebook paper hanging out of it. I picked it up and read it.

"I know. I know about you and your teacher. ... Leave him. If I see you around him, I will tell the authorities. Good luck."

This was why. This was why she left me. It wasn't because I or she did anything. It was because someone was pulling us apart. I grew delighted knowing that the love of my life was still the love that I knew. How can I talk to her? She must know that I know about this. I need to comfort her. I have to let her know that everything is alright. She must be hurting on the inside as much as I am. I must try to talk to her before something bad happens.