yellow

" i never met a colour i didn't like "dale chihuly

dale chihuly

🌈

The next day in Art, Allison had brought out a palette to Liam filled with all colours she could find that were included in a rainbow. The brunette tried to keep it simple and easy rather than confusing the colourblind boy.

The first colour she picked up was the first colour of the rainbow; red. It had a slight hint of ruby in it, looked precious yet intense and it was the kind of red Allison loved. "This is the colour red," She spoke, not too loud but not too softly either. Luckily, they were in the back of the class so the percentage of a kid turning around to look at them would be very unlikely. "red can be seen in blood, or tomatoes, or stop signs."

Liam tried to look like he was interested, but he wasn't. He wasn't at all. He tried to make himself see what Allison was seeing but it wasn't any use. "Allison," He said, his eyes flickering down to where her paintbrush was pointing to, obviously it being the colour red. And then he looked back up at the teenager girl, "I love how much you're trying."

Allison couldn't have been happier, and she smiled brightly, "Really?"

But as an answer, Liam shook his head and as if he ignored Allison's comment, he continued. "The only problem? I don't know the colour of blood, or tomatoes, or stop signs." He added, seeing Allison's smile drop into a frown, Liam chuckled at the girl who seemed to be getting frustrated and irritated within seconds. "Still want to try?"

Allison placed the palette down on the small table in the middle of the two, "Yes, let's have a go at orange."

Liam could only sigh heavily as he folded his arms, knowing Allison that she wouldn't back away from this. He was just going to have to fight through it, nodding away to whatever the girl said.

Allison pointed her paintbrush to the creamy yet dark orange, "The colour orange can be seen in a sunset...or even a sunrise. It's a nice colour - and underrated, might I add." She then added some of the paint to her nearly finished artwork of the rainbow, "Most people choose the colours blue and pink as their favourites."

Liam scrunched his face up slightly in confusion, "Why?" He asked. Looking at the labels on the bottles of paint, spotting out two words; pink and blue.

"Well, people say that pink is the typical 'girly' colour while blue is 'boyish'. It's stupid anyway, already labelling colours to its areas. Pink is for girls and girls only, blue is for boys and boys only. But people seem to judge boys more if they like the colour pink rather than girls liking the colour blue." Allison explained thoroughly.

"So in our society, labelling people wasn't enough?" Liam joked, fiddling with his fingers as he looked up at the adoring brunette who seemed to be far concentrated on her artwork, making sure to paint the second layer of orange perfectly.

Allison chuckled a bit at Liam's comment, finding it too true. "Society is filled with judgement and labels. You get judged for who you are, what you look like, what your personality is, where you're from. Fake, creep, attention seeker, crybaby. It's all words that people are being labelled as." Allison added, finally looking back at Liam. She looked serious, almost like the words she spoke had been learnt from past experiences. "And believe me when I say this, there is worse."

Liam nodded his head slowly at Allison, believing each and every word that was spoken out of the girl's mouth. "Have you been labelled as something?" He asked curiously, not sure whether that question was too personal or not.

But Allison only took a deep breath, "Yeah, but it was a long time ago. He has stopped calling me it, so it doesn't really matter anymore." She shrugged the answer off.

It was quiet between the two, they didn't really speak. That was until Liam decided to break that silence.

"Oh, and by the way. I don't know what sunsets and sunrises look like so..." Liam smirked at Allison when she paused what she was doing, hanging her head low.

"This is a lot harder than what I thought," Allison muttered under her breath, not daring to look over at Liam's smug smile.

"I told you," Liam sing-songed his words as he let out a hum because of his corrections and to also exaggerate things, but he did laugh in the end.

Liam was right, it was frustrating.

»

*sadly whips*

this book is gonna flop i'm sad.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Byeeeeeeeeee

-Indiana