[Chapter Two] "Adjusting"

||LaMelo||

Today has been crazy. With all the shit that went on today, and seeing my ex. Maan, She bout Fine as hell. I'm single too. Oh yup. I need to find out Wassup.

Me, Quan, and O got a dorm room together and we were all just chilling. Well, We weren't in the dorm. More like in the quad. It's like lunch time or whatever. My parents and everybody were gone.

Quan- So, Lemme Get this straight. You're telling me, that you and Kailela were a thing?

Don- Yup. For a whole semester.

Kadence- See, That's that hoe shit. I could never do that.

O- I hope yo dumbass know that right after Kailela left, you got with Melo. You on that hoe shit. Not her.

She was silent after that, because she knows it's true.

||Kailela||

I had no more classes for today, seeing that I finished my last one, I got to do whatever I wanted. So right now Parker and I were gonna go eat.

Parker- I know how awkward you felt in that room today girl.

Kailela- I love being in rooms with my sibling and ex friends.

Parker- The sarcasm is real.

Kailela- No. My sister and I aren't on good terms for what she did.

Parker- What'd she do?

Kailela- After I moved, She got with my ex, when she knew I still had feelings for him.

Parker- Aww Hell Nah. See that's that foul shit. We'd have to fight.

I had on my uniform on because we'd just come from practice and I didn't  feel like getting changed. Wait I lied, I have the top part on, with leggings. My hair was down.

Kailela- You always tryna fight somebody. Chiilll.

Parker- Nah, Cause females be bold nowadays.

I saw Nicole and Sophie In line at Panda Express. I wasn't really hungry so I went to the Jamba Juice line.

Gelo, Melo, and all them were in the food area too, just talking. They took up at least five tables.

Donyea- Girl, That tiny ass drink.

Kailela- Shut up.

Christina- Let her be.

Parker- We have tryouts coming up.

Nicole- Ooh. I forgot all about that.

Derek- About that, Next Friday, Is our Back To School Assembly.

Kailela- Awh shit. We're doing them sexual dances. Aren't we?

Bethany- You know it.

I was fine with doing those dances just in general, but Melo was gonna be watching. That made me nervous as hell. Speaking of Boys, Aaron, this boy that likes me...Came up and tried to talk to me.

Aaron- Heeeyyy Lela. Witcho Sexy ass.

Kailela- Bye Aaron. We've had this conversation before.

Aaron- Why won't you give me a chance babygirl? You gave that nigga Don a chance.

Kailela- That's different. You're annoying.

Aaron- I know you want me girl.

I'm not gonna lie, Aaron was cute. But he was too desperate. No means No. Unless I say otherwise. He started walking near Gelo's table.

Kailela- Bye Aaron.

Aaron- Uh Huh Lela. Stop playing wimme. You know what's up.

||LaMelo||

This brown skinned boy walked over to our table and gave Gelo and Don the bro handshake. Iris, Kadence, and some of the other girls looked him up and down.

Eli- What's up bro? Y'all, This is Aaron. One of the best best football players here.

Kadence- And the finest....

Calayzhia- I know you did not just...

Kadence- Oh. My bad.

Aaron- Hey. Gelo, Tell Kailela to stop playing and tappin wimme.

He raised an eyebrow, and an apple flew towards the guys head..

?!- He's not gonna help you Aaron. I don't like you.

Aaron- So we throwing apples now?? Kinky. I like it.

?!- I hate you.

Eli- Bro, Take it from me. Just give up.

Don- It's not worth it. She's crazy.

Boy do I know that. The same girl from earlier came over. She had this little UCLA crop top on, and some leggings that looked tight as hell. Don looked her up and down.

?!- Give me my apple back.

Don- Ooh No. You can't wear those around me girl.

?!- Whatever. Can I have my Apple?

Aaron- Not until you agree to go on a date with me.

?!- Uhh. I'm good.

She turned around and walked away. I was looking at her ass and was speechless.

Melo- You sure that's my Ex?

Eli- Absolutely.

Aaron- Wait. She went with you too?

Melo- Yeah?

Aaron- Wow. Lela!! You can go out with lightskin popsicle stick Odell looking niggas, and Don's ugly ass, But won't give me a chance??

He started following her, leaving Gel shaking his head.

Gelo- Ole Boy don't know when to quit.

Izzy was looking real tight when Lela came over. It's like she switched up. And Gelo noticed.

Gelo- Wassup with you girl.

Izzy- I don't want you hanging out with that girl....

He started laughing until he noticed that she was serious.

Gelo- Who? Kailela?? She's like my sister.

Izzy- I don't care. That's not the Kailela that I knew. That girl is..

He cut her off.

Gelo- Different? Well I'm sorry if back then she only belonged to my brother. She got out her shell. If you don't like that, then don't talk to me.

Getting up, he threw his food away, and headed towards the dorms.