74. The Underground

I cannot express to you how much it means for you to please vote for my story. It takes less than a second, and it really helps my book to get recognised for the hundreds of hours I've put into writing it. Thank you for absolutely everything 

Twitter: WordsWithGem 
Snapchat: gemma.allan
Instagram: gemma.allan

Two weeks later...

"I really like the redhead," Scarlett comments.

"You only like her because she complimented your outfit. She has like no retail experience, and we need someone who knows what they're doing," I reply.

Choosing employees is turning out to be a much harder decision than we originally anticipated, what with the huge turnout of girls who showed up.

Tweeting about the event was probably not one of my greatest ideas...

"I think I really liked Casey," I say, taking out her resume.

"The brunette from the Gold Coast?" Scarlett asks.

"Yeah, I think she's really friendly, and seems like she has a great grasp on customer service. She can go in the 'yes pile'," I think.

"How many more do we need?"

"Probably just one more," I answer. "Who are you feeling?"

"I really liked Brodie," she says, finding her resume. "She seemed super confident and just a fun person to be around. Plus, she's from Melbourne."

"I like her too, but we can't hire someone because they're fun," I point out. "Or from our city. I'm pretty sure that's racist."

"See, but look here," she says, pointing to her resume. "She's had two years experience for American Apparel... she's also interned for a few Aussie designers."

"Oh, I didn't see that. Well then, she's in. I feel like we have our girls!" I say, excited at this new step.

We head downstairs to ask to speak to both Casey and Brodie who are waiting with the other girls, and ask the remaining girls to leave.

"Girls, we just wanted to let you know that you've both gotten the job."

We let them have their moment of relief before I go on.

"We both see so much potential in you both, and this store is my baby, so all that I'm asking is that you please try to take this seriously, and I honestly can't wait to get started!"

Scarlett leaves the room momentarily and comes back with a bottle of Champagne and some glasses.

"Yeah, I'm definitely going to enjoy working here," Brodie laughs, taking a glass.

We sit around on the floor of my store that is currently being renovated, and I know I've made the right decision in choosing these girls. Both of them are physically stunning and they get bonus points for being Australian too. Casey the brunette seems genuinely really friendly. Quite bold with fashion, but she pulls it off with ease. Brodie too thankfully knows how to dress, and has long blonde hair and a petite figure that would leave the majority of girls envious. I also feel like she has a bit of edge that will hopefully work in favour for the store.

"So what brings you both to London?" I ask the girls.

"Well I honestly wanted just a change of scenery. It's just somewhere I've always wanted to live, and I've been here for two months and love it," Casey starts off.

"And yeah, change of scenery too I suppose. I've recently gotten out of a pretty difficult break up and sick of people being sympathetic towards me. I just one day packed my bags, and haven't looked back."