Finding out the truth

I lay in my bed thinking about my secret. The secret I wish I could tell Cato. I tried so hard to tell him, but could never quite get the words out. I haven't even told my parents. I haven't told anyone that I have to bring a baby into the arena.

I reach down and lay a hand on my stomach thinking about the baby growing there, Cato's baby. I can't help but wonder if he was telling the truth. If he really didn't want Glimmer to kiss him and he pulled away.

I decide to go ask him and stand from my bed. I've never been so scared before. What if he doesn't want the baby? What if he hates me?

I shake my head and push the thoughts from my head. I open my door quietly and walk towards Cato's door. I take a deep breath and try to steel myself before opening the door. I put my hand on the door knob and start to turn it. I finally get the door open and when I do, I look immediately towards the bed. I have trouble seeing in the dark, but I can definitely make out a shape. I walk closer and recognize the sound of Cato's breathing. I sigh and turn to walk away. I don't have the courage to wake him up. I guess I'll talk to him tomorrow.

I'm almost at the door when I realize I don't hear Cato's breathing anymore. I whip around to see him sitting up in his bed. The second our eyes lock, he's out of his bed and running towards me. He's shirtless, wearing only a pair of athletic shorts. He reaches me and lifts me up, hugging me. I wrap my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist. Cato sighs and buries his face in my neck.

"I love you so much, Clo," he whispers.

I pull back when he says this and look into his eyes and the only thing I see there is love and sadness. I know the truth then. He doesn't love Glimmer, he loves me.

"I love you too, Caty," I tease.

He smiles and leans closer. I know that he is waiting for me to make the move, and I do. I close the distance between our lips and kiss him desperately. He kisses back with fire, like he never wants to let me go.

We pull back breathing heavily. "Never let me go," I plead desperately.

"Never," he says forcefully before claiming my lips once more. He backs up until his knees hit the bed, never breaking the kiss. He falls back onto it, making me fall on top of him. I giggle and he chuckles deeply beneath me and he leans up to capture my lips.