TEN.

CHAPTER TEN

IN UNTIY, THERE IS STRENGTH

"Jughead, I messed up so bad. How can I even face Archie again? or worse how can I face Veronica? I'm Riverdale's very own Taylor Swift, going from guy to guy. First Sweet Pea, now Archie. God, I'm so messed up" I told Jughead as we walked to the back entrance of the school.

"Hey, you made a mistake, okay? I feel like we have had this conversation before, but with Archie and Reggie. Look Iz, you're a smart girl you'll figure it out" He replied patting my shoulder.

We slammed open the door noticing Sweet Pea, Fangs, Toni and the other Serpents sat at a lunch table. Sweet Pea looked at us menacingly before talking "Nice article your girlfriends mum wrote"

"I saw that" Jughead started, "Dilton Doiley said he was stabbed and that you jumped him?"

"The idiot stabbed himself with his own knife," Fangs said.

"And we didn't jump him, there was a fight. Lizzie can tell you since she was there. Bulldogs vs Serpents and you see this?" Sweet Pea pointed to his black eye "Your boy Andrews gave it to me before someone shot a gun into the air" He finished looking at me when he spoke about the gun.    

Jughead looked at me in shock but was more surprised about Veronica having a gun "What happened?!"

"And of course, Northsiders get off scot-free and the rest of us are hauled in by the police," Sweet Pea told him.

"It's payback time," Fangs said making me step forward.

"What are you talking about?" I looked down at the paper on their table "What the hell is that?"

Jughead walked forward intrigued by the paper as well "Is that a pipe bomb?!"

"Fogarty's cousin served in the army, he's gonna build us something" Sweet Pea smiled.

"We're gonna do it after hours. It'll shut the Riverdale Register down once and for all" Fangs explained.

"You think blowing up a building is gonna make things better?" I exclaimed become more and more riled up.

"Can't get any worse" Sweet Pea challenged.

"Yeah, Sugar Snap, it can!" I opposed.

"Iz calm down" I sighed before stepping back "Let me talk to Archie, let me get this figured out" Jughead concluded.

"That's your answer for everything. Talk. And we don't even know who you guys stand with. Us or them. Take a page out of your sister's book and learn that words don't fix everything" Sweet Pea argued. "You two can't be half a Serpent" The gang started to walk away but I ran to Sweet Pea asking if I could talk to him privately quickly.

"What do you want?" He questioned.

"Look, I just wanted to talk about what happened the other night" I answered.

"There's nothing to talk about. I won't be seen around with half a Serpent" He whispered harshly before walking away.

What a dick.

...

Jughead and I walked into the White Whrym wearing our Serpent jackets. Sweet Pea looked up from the game of pool he was playing "I think these Northsider's are lost" He chuckled before going back to his game.

"We're not," Jughead said as we walked further inside "We are over being half Serpents" He explained. I looked up at Sweet Pea who was already looking at me with raised eyebrows.

"Wow. You'd do anything to protect your Northside buddies" Sweet Pea criticised shoving Jughead out the way of his game.

"Our father was a Serpent. He led you. Tall Boy was the one who gave us our jackets" I yelled pointed one to Tall Boy who was the other opponent in the game of pool "It's finally time we start wearing them"

Tall Boy walked over to us "So, now you want to be Serpents, huh?" Jughead and I moved to face him "Let's see if you survive the initiation first"

I looked at Toni who was sat opposite us where she had previously been watching the game. She nodded her head letting me know that I will be able to do the task that determines whether or not I can join the Serpents.

...

Jughead, Toni and I were sat in the trailer going over the Serpents laws which will need to be recited back to Tall Boy and the rest of the Serpents that night. "What do I need to do for my initiation?" I asked Toni still unaware.

"It's called the Serpent dance. You... uh... you have to strip to your underwear and dance around a pole" She explained awkwardly. Wait. What?

"You're kidding right?" Jughead said leaning forward "No way is she doing that! Iz you don't have to do this" He continued turning to me.

"Jug, I'm not gonna let you join without me. If that's what I have to do, then I'm gonna do it" I sighed before standing and going to my bedroom. I guess I have to put some nice lingerie on. I can't believe I am doing this. I picked out a black lace bra with matching underwear putting a simple black top and a black skater skirt on top. "Guys, we should go," I said as I walked back into the kitchen. They agreed, walking outside with me and making our way to the White Whrym.

We were halfway through reciting the laws and I was starting to get nervous about this stupid dance. I don't want to make a fool out of myself. "WHAT IS THE FOURTH LAW?!" Tall Boy shouted.

"NO SERPENT IS LEFT FOR DEAD!" We shouted back.

"WHAT IS THE FIFTH LAW?!"

"A SERPENT NEVER BETRAYS IS OWN!"

WHAT IS THE SIXTH?!"

"IN UNITY, THERE IS STRENGTH!" We shouted once and for all to which the rest of the Serpents repeated the last one.

"You know the laws, now it's time for Jugheads next trial "Tall Boy said before looking over to a tank with a snake and a knife "Retrieve the knife"

"What?" Jughead and I asked simultaneously.

After he had sort of successfully grabbed the knife he, Toni and I was sat at the bar. "A rattlesnake Toni, a rattlesnake bit me and drew blood" He complained.

"One that had its venom removed, okay? The important thing is that you showed no fear and grabbed the knife and you both remembered all the laws. Which means you're almost a Serpent now Iz and Juggie" We fell quite after she said that considering the only two people who he let call him that are Betty and me.

The awkward moment was interrupted by Tall Boy shouting over to us "The last of your initiation starts now Izzy!" I quickly stood up and looked to Jughead in shock.

Fuck.