Day Eight (End)

I wake up, stretching my arms and yawning. Everything looks and feels so crisp and clear. From the songs of the morning birds to the vibrant green leaves of the trees from my window. A cool breeze flows in and makes me shiver, returning my arms to the warmth and coziness of my duvet.

Today's the day. The day I kill myself. The day I jump off the bridge and forget all the terrible things I've seen and felt.

I wonder if there's a life after death. Will I move on to another place, or just be gone entirely - nonexistent to everything and everyone? Will I feel pain afterward? What's going to happen?

You're not going to jump off that bridge, Kodie. You'll chicken out and get through life just fine with all the marvelous people you've met here.

No, it's time for me to go.

I look around and see that Andy's gone. After getting out of bed and pulling on boxers and a tee-shirt off the floor, I see a note on my side table. I read it, smile, and put it in the elastic of my underwear for safe keeping. It mostly just said that he had to bring his brother to soccer practice and that he'd be here at six to bring me to dinner.

I look at the clock and see that it's almost two in the afternoon. D*mn. How do I even sleep so much?

I head down stairs and find Loons watching TV. She looks sees me enter the living room and smiles creepily.

"Hey Dakota! How was your night?" she asks suggestively.

I roll my eyes and sit beside her, leaving a good two feet between us just in case she tries to touch me. "Fantastic. How about yours?"

Loonie sighs. "I don't think me and Della are going to work out."

"What? Why?" I face her and frown. She was head over heels about her not even a few days ago.

"I fancy someone else now." She grins at me. "His name's Louis and he's so s*xy, you don't even know. Oh god, just thinking of him ruins my panties."

"Loonie, shut up!" I groan and cover my ears. "I don't need to know about how wet your pants get every time you see someone hot!"

She sighs, "But he'd never like me. I think I'll just admire him from afar."

"Don't say that, Loons. You're wonderful! Anybody would be lucky to have you want them."

"I am pretty brilliant, aren't I?" She asks, jokingly.

I roll my eyes. "And so humble and modest too!"

She playfully smacks my arm, snickering to herself. Her Number flashes quickly (12/06/2015) and my throat clenches painfully for a millisecond. This only reminds me that I'm never going to be normal, to feel normal, to touch and interact with other people, other then Andrew.

I plaster on a fake smile and tell Loonie that I have to go get dressed. When I get upstairs, I go into the office and grab a few sheets of paper along with a pen. I take a seat at the desk and take a deep breath. I think I'll write to Luca first because his will probably be the easiest to write.