Yamaguchi Tadashi- Flame

AU: Regular

Just some fluff.

~~~~~

I went out an hour early to gather some dry wood. It had rained last night and the ground was still damp. The only wood that could be used where in bushes. Grabbing a handful at a time I carried the pile to a circle of rocks that were surrounded by a hanging tarp and benches made out of wood planks and milk crates.

Pulling the small lighter from my pocket my finger slid along the metal wheel to push on the button. The small flame was used to light a stick that I held tightly in my hand. A gust of wind blew by, blowing out the flame as it went. The small waves of the lake crashed on the near by beach as I lit the stick again before tossing it into the ready wood.

Grabbing my phone from my pocket I sent a quick text to Hinata, who was at the house along with everybody else.

Fire's ready. Come when you want. Don't let anyone stay behind.

It's gonna be LIT

Stop

Bring food.

Tending the flame for ten minutes when cold wind blew smoke into my eyes was both annoying and painful. My scarf was pulled over my face as to keep me from choking and/or being blinded by the door that seemed to follow me around.

The sun was setting when everyone arrived bags of food in hand. Each took a seat on eithe the bench or the damp diet to huddle around the camp fire. Blankets where handed around by Daichi and as soon as I got my hands on one I kept it for yourself, wrapping it around my body to insulate whatever heat I had left.

"Mind if I steal a corner of that?" I could hear Yamaguchi say from behind me.

"Sure," my hand patted the space on the wood bench beside me.

He sat down and held the small corner of blanket that I have him.

"Really?" he asked slightly.

Giggling from the reaction and the cold I nodded and spouted out a quick "Yup!" from my chattering jaw.

After another second or two of him staring at me like a list puppy, I have up and stood to spin the blanket from around me. I sat down once I knew he had enough.

Conversations where held in pairs mostly as everyone huddled into groups to conserve warmth, but once 1am rolled around the corner. The more hyper active members began to loose energy at heat and went off to their cabins to sleep.

2am and those who where falling in and out of sleep finally wanted their bunks and left. As soon at it hit 2:30am everyone had left and by 3am, I was out like a light and so was Yamaguchi.

The tarp that shielded us from the wind fell down on top of us, but it didn't matter for by then we were already laying on the ground still huddled in the one blanket.

Somewhere around 4am the fire died and left, taking our heat soiree with it. But as soon as sun rolled over the horizon and the two of us woke up from being uncomfortable on the hard dirt ground, the heat came back in the form of pure embarressment.

Yamaguchi didn't talk much. And as much as he was a good friend and great company. Having not known him for too long it made it all the more awkward when I woke up to see his -albeit cute- sleeping face only a couple of inches away from mine came to quite a shock. I stood up from the blanket, sure not to wake the sleeping boy up, and left the camp site with the sleep of smiled salmon following me as a walked bake to the house.

~~~

When morning rolled in for everyone they begin talking about the night before and their conversations and thoughts on the whole thing.

"Yamaguchi," Tanaka called from a cross the table, "you're turn, what did you think? You did end up sleeping all night out in the cold. Where you okay?"

Yamaguchi slowly looked up from his breakfast with tired eyes.

"Actually, I was quite warm."

~~~~~

I smell like smoked salmon. I am never doing a campfire again.

Unless there Smores.