Chapter 2: What A Feeling

Natalie

I went upstairs to go check up on the boys and their packing and hoping Courtney didn't make them run away yet because of her starstruck introduction. I headed up the stairs and I turned down the hall with a surprise. Starring straight into one of the bedroom doors, It was shown that everything was doing just fine.

Everyone was together in one room having a conversation. Courtney looked up and smiled waving her hand, signaling for me to come in.

"Hello, Natalie," Harry says gently.

"Hi everyone," I say shyly.

"C'mon in, don't be shy!" Niall insists.

"Hey there," Zayn says. I swear the sound of his voice is something I could never get over.

I looked at him back and gave him a smile and blushed a little.

"So whatcha' guys up to?" I asked.

"We're just getting to know each other better" Liam noted

I nodded. "That's great."

Liam smiled back at me.

"So Natalie, tell us about yourself." Niall insisted

I looked at Courtney and she smiled at me.

"Well..um...I-"

Just then I looked at Zayn.

He was looking directly at me and smiling. I got caught in his brown eyes. They're really brown...they're actually really--

"Natalie!" Courtney yelled snapping her fingers in my face.

I shook my head realizing I was dozing off in Zayn's eyes. I gotta stop doing this. I can't just like him after one hour.

Or even just a day.

I need to get to know him first. Could this be love at first sight?. I've never really fallen in love before. I haven't actually been on an official date.

I'm just not the type to go through a heartbreak right now. After my mother's death, I couldn't look into any boy's eyes because I knew a heartbreak was possible to happen.

Especially with how fragile I've been. But Zayn was the first eyes of a boy I've looked at in well... ever. Ever since mom died I was never able to look at anyone in the eye.

"Oh sorry!" I admit blushing.

The boys chuckled. " You doing okay ?" Courtney asked me quietly.

I look at her and give a small smile.

" Yeah aha, just so much to take in !" I lied. The boys smiled.

"Well, I'm a sophmore, and-"

"We're both sophomores, just a note," Courtney adds in,

"Yeah, and I guess I can sing and play guitar a little..." I added.

"Really? How long have you been doing that?" asked Zayn.

Courtney smirked and giggled. I could feel my face heating up.

"Well I mean, I started when I was seven but, I'm not that great--" I insisted.

"Are you kidding me?" Courtney asked. "She's amazing, she's always just so shy about it." She added

"Courtney!" I said exclaimed quietly. She shrugged her shoulders.

"Well, maybe I could hear you sing sometime," Zayn suggested.

I looked at him and sighed and smiled.