17

It was more than just a slip of the tongue.

It was a promise.

At first you weren't at all hesitant.

But now, you've been filled up with regrets.

The confidence that you built, sunk deep down.

Deep down, buried under all the worries of your almost impossible mission.

Could you really give Jungkook his promised desire?

All this anxiousness, was hidden under your reflective smile.

One that reflected his.

Though his was more like a gem.

So precious, yet so rare to find.

A sigh that spoke of worrisome regrets, escaped your trembling lips.

Though the mission to have ones like for the other seemed rather impossible, it was all now a promise.

Never broken. Always kept. No matter how long it takes.

You bit down your quivering lips taking in slow and deep breaths.

You'd hoped, that if you were unable to attain this promise, your friendship would still remain. But you didn't know, that even if it's been achieved, your friendship would still come to its end,

for it would evolve to something new,

something different,

something much more valuable than just friends.

As I settled the cold touch of ice to my bump, I face Amber who filled the empty fridge with the new food she and Jimin had bought.

"So this was seriously the last one?" I ask still not believing her reason to why she bought only one ice pack. She nods.

I sigh looking up at Jungkook who still kept rubbing on his bump. I guess by the time they had arrived, my pain had faded away.

I extend my arm out, pulling his hand away from his head and replace it with the ice pack.

"There!" I settle it down on his throbbing sore, looking up to him and curling my lips to a soft smile.

As he looks back to me, we lock eye contact.

Soon, the chilling cold bit at my fingers. "Yah, it's cold. Hold it yourself." I say releasing my hands as it's replaced with his. He lets out a laugh, shaking his head.

"You sure you don't need it?"

I nod.

"Y/n!" My attention is drawn to Amber who makes her way towards me.

"Let's cook today's dinner." She says pulling me out of my comfort.

"But I cant be bothered." I grumble pulling back at her grasp.

"But think about it, that means that the boys will do the cleaning." She whispers giving me a smirk.

I laugh. "Okay, fine.."

NO ONES POV

It felt like a long day in which so much had happened in such small period of time. You and Amber had finished it off with a pleasant meal, for you all went straight to bed.

But before you knew it, the night sky had melted into the warm sun and once again, it was the beginning of a new day. The sun rays crept through every gap, to awaken you from your sleep.