Surviving in Harmony

Dedicated to all those who watched Hazel grow, grow even as her children did and the light was harder and harder to find. The light has arived, but Hazel is gone - or is she really, when Sonia and Andrew are just discovering there is such ligh to be found?

Surviving in Harmony

Spinning round and round-

Twirling, whirling, turning, twisting

Manipulating: leaping, rolling

Where to go?

Left to right; controlled like a marionette doll

Crying when no one can hear

Hiding, sighing, passing by

Frightened: life has lost all its shine

When does it all end?

Left to right; controlled like a marionette doll

It's all over

The sun has finally set, the scars are fading

Lost without a mother's touch siblings cry

But by and by

They are free to be happy with fresh eyes

Prologue

The walls of Hester House had seen many things, from love to war, sweet kisses and raging arguments. 'If walls could talk...' Winston used to say to the twins when they were little, sitting one on each knee, blue eyes looking far off into a time long ago.

Within those rickety, winding halls built by Hazel's great, great, great grandfather were generations of secrets and magic. In a small room painted dawn sky blue Hazel had spent her first night of freedom, curled up in the centre of her bed and just resting her palm on the duvet cover, tracing the embroidered flowers. Months later, those sky walls witnessed the birth of her children - and later Hazel's last written words.

The chimney would host many a fire in chilly winters, the library sharing its endless knowledge with the twins as they grew older and more curious. The music room with its round walls and high ceilings for good acoustics, tall arched windows and grand piano would see many nights of Hazel and Remus drinking glasses of ruby wine, hear the music Remus would compose for the woman he had devoted half his life living, then the delicate lullabies for his unborn son.

Andrew would one day find those music sheets, as Sonia would discover the letters her mother had never sent to Severus Snape.

Hester House had witnessed it all, and while awaiting the birth of Sonia Bowen's first child - it sat patiently and waited. The box with a pearl lid would lie waiting, the music would be silent for years - but they would wait. With new life came new secrets, and Hester House was going to witness it all.

A/N: And we're off!

Question: May as well ask now, why not - what gender do you think Sonia's baby will be, and what would you name it? I'm curious.

Rose<3