12. Lot Problems

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked Ponyboy as we sat down on the car seat in the lot.

"You know we all care about you right?" He asked.

"Y-Yeah." I said scared of what he was gonna say next.

"And you also know that we only want the best for you?" He asked.

"Yeah, I know." I replied looking at him.

"Then please, don't date Soda!" He exclaimed.

"Why would you think that we'd date in the first place?" I asked trying to make it seem as though we won't.

"I know what's going on. You walked in with Soda's jacket. He was getting real scared back at the house, hell he was even going to come with us to protect you!" He replied.

"Why don't you want us to be together?" I asked.

"Because he's my brother! We're all like your brothers! Soda can't be your brother and your boyfriend!" He exclaimed 'obviously'.

"You're saying that like I should already know it." I said nonchalantly.

"You should!" He replied.

"I know we can't be together, just not for the same stupid reason." I shrugged.

"Then what's your reason huh?" He challenged.

"I don't wanna say..." I muttered shyly looking away.

"What's the matter? Cat's got your tongue?" He smirked.

"No, it's not that. I just feel like I shouldn't tell anyone." I said crossing my arms and standing up. I walked to the fountain in the middle of the lot and looked around.

"P-Ponyboy..." I muttered looking at the tree.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"D-Dog." I replied pointing at the vicious bulldog standing ahead of me.

"Oh god!!" He groaned running over to me.

"What do we do??" I asked.

"Scream." He replied.

"But if I do that the dog will-"

"Chase us, I know. But how will we ever get out of this mess if you don't scream? No matter what we do, it's going to chase us." He explained.

"SODAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!" I exclaimed quickly before running away.

"Ponyboy where are you going?!" I exclaimed as the dog started chasing me and not him.

"I'M GOING TO GET THE GANG!!" He exclaimed running towards the direction of the house.

"YOU'RE JUST GONNA LEAVE ME HERE!?!?" I exclaimed as the dog got faster.

"I'LL BE BACK SOON!" He replied as he ran out of sight.

"HELP! IS ANYONE THERE!?!? WHO'S DOG IS THIS!?!?" I exclaimed continuing to run around.

I heard a whistle and the dog quickly ran towards it. I quickly fell to the ground and took deep breathes, tired of running.

"Thank you so mu-" I stopped myself when I saw who it was.

"W-What are you guys doing h-here?" I asked. It was the socs from earlier today.

"Did you really think we were gonna let you go without jumping you? Without hurting that pretty little face of yours..." The leader replied.

"Yeah k-kinda." I said.

"I didn't ask for an answer!" He snapped.

"Well you should have m-made that more c-clear." I replied.