Chapter 11: Blame It On Me

Calyssa's P.O.V. :

I skipped dinner that night, to be honest I wasn't really hungry. I guess that's what happens when the one guy that could have liked you saw you as an emotional wreck. I sighed as I rolled over in bed, it was 9:00 PM and I wasn't getting any sleep. My mind just kept drifting to what happened in the girls locker room, and what happened afterwards. I was so vulnerable, I can't believe I ran up to him naked.

I was such a fool, now he probably thinks I'm easy or something. Maybe we weren't meant to be together or maybe it was for the best.

Hey, It's Kyle. Are you alright? -K

Oh my god.

Hey Kyle, I'm.. I don't know. -C I texted back.

I just wanted to apologize, I feel that it was Mason. I think she was jealous of you and I.. :( - K

It's not your fault, but why would she be jealous? - C I texted him back nervously.

Well, because I like you and not her... :) - K

I felt my heart contract in response, and this weird funny feeling in my stomach. My fingers nervously fumbled with my phone.

Do you now? - C

Yes. - K

Why. - C

You're different. - K

Oh I was different alright, what girl runs up to a guy she barely knows while she's naked. A skank, that's who.

A good different or a bad different? - C

Not sure yet, I'll tell you when I find out ;) - K

Haha okay - C

Gotta go, night Lyss - K

Lyss? He had a nickname for me? I'm not gonna lie that's pretty adorable. Jesus what is wrong with me?

Night Kyle :) - C

Oh so I don't get a cute nickname? :( - K

'How about hottie?' My inner conscience suggested.

Alright fine "Ky" - C

That's it? - K

Yes. Take it or leave it. - C

Alright I'll take it ;) - K

After that I pretty much fell asleep. I woke up to the noisy alarm I had set the night before. I sighed before removing my covers. I went to the bathroom and relieved myself before putting my hair in a bun, getting changed, and heading towards the training room. I apparently was the last one this time.

I heard three voices whispering, so I put my ear up to the wall.

"She's a freak, there's something off about her. Her speed, her accuracy, and her strength.. there's just no way she can be this skilled when she just started." I knew who's voice that was. I rolled my eyes and continued to listen.

"I think your reading to much into her, I mean do you forget who her dad is? Is it really that weird that she's so skilled? No, it's not. I think that your just mad and jealous that she beat you." Danny stated.

Who my dad is? Did I miss something?

"Whatever." Serena stated.

I walked into the room and avoided all of their stares, I walked over to the strength section and started lifting weights. I saw out of the corner of my eyes everyone's shock, 'I guess that's what happens when you talk about me. Bastards,' I thought to myself.