II

Jiyeon 's POV

"Happy birthday Jimin !! " i screamed and attacked him just as soon as he entered his room after sending some of his guests away .

"You're one year older now , how do you feel ?" I continued smacking his back but he tightened his grip on my hands , stopping me , taking me aback .

"I feel like shit right now so if you dont mind , please leave me alone . I dont want to hurt your feelings when i lose my temper." He said emotionlessly , pushing me away .

I did not budge .

"What happened? Did you not like the birthday party?"

"I liked the birthday party — its not that . Im fine ." He responded before shutting his doors .

Is he okay ?
——

I felt my phone vibrating through my back pocket .

Whipping it out , i checked my messages and saw how there was a new message from Yoongi .

Wanna hang out tonight by the park ?
Read ✔️✔️

Sure , what time ?
Read ✔️✔️

12.30am ? Babygirl ?
Read ✔️✔️

Okay , see you there :-)
Read ✔️✔️

This is so new to me and i cant believe that im dating Min Yoongi . It was honestly such a rash decision to agree to his proposal of being a one week girlfriend of his .

Soon enough , i have forgotten about how troubled Jimin had looked but instead , my mind was fixed on what i should wear on the first date with him . Since it was during midnight , it made everything seem special and different . Its thrilling and i was excited .

I ran home that night after cleaning up in Jimin's house with some of the guys who volunteered to stay longer . I tried to close my eyes , count to ten and sleep for a few hours before the date . However , my body did not let me rest at all , i was wide awake .

Forget about sleeping —

Rummaging through my closet , i started digging for the perfect outfit for tonight. It was close to 10pm and i knew that i only had a few hours to prepare . After picking out my outfit , i laid them on my bed and i dashed to the shower room to take a quick bath so that i would smell fresh later on . Throwing on my outfit , i looked into the mirror and started brushing out my wet hair , followed by blow drying them .

Applying a thin layer of make up took quite some time since it wasnt a daily routine that i was used to — i nearly poked my eyes and could have gone blind .

Since the park that we have agreed to meet at was in my vicinity , it did not take long before i reached , only to see that he was standing under a tree , looking up at the night sky .

He was early .

Sneaking up behind him , i cheekily covered his eyes with my pair of hands .

"Guess who ."

"Mom , is that you ?" He said in a playful tone .
Even though i wasnt facing him , i knew that he was smiling .

I let out a laugh as i smacked his back in response , " ur cheeky ."

"Hey , you've made it ." He opens up his arm , asking for a hug which i gladly hugged him back .

"So .. how does this 7 days dating thing work ? " i asked him as we settled down on the grasspatch , leaning on each other , feeling the cold wind blow against our faces .

"Its pretty straightforward. In these 7 days , i promise to be loyal to you ; I'll be the best boyfriend and not look at other girls . I'll give you the dating experience that you want and afterwards we bid goodbye and become strangers again . " he chose his words carefully , nodding as he spoke .

"So

"So ... after the 7th day ,  we are just strangers ? "  i asked as my voice trailed off softer word after word .

"Yep . Everything would just be a beautiful dream in the end . " he let out a small gummy smile but deep inside , i felt a part of me die since i knew that i wasnt good with saying goodbye . The words that i told him earlier on was a total lie — i get attached way too easily .

Im beginning to regret this.