Chapter 4: Woo

Thank you all for all your wonderful comments and votes! Hope this is a fun #Monday treat for all of you lovelies!

Song of the chapter is, "My Father's Father," by The Civil Wars

Remember, drop me a comment or a vote after you read!

I've never felt like this.

I've always had control of myself, always found a way to have a leg up in the situation, but now I knew I had no legs to stand on. Not with her. One look and my knees wanted to quit.

My body was a weapon for me to wield, but not when it came to her. She's my silver.

We had to wait until it was good and dark before we left. It was a crescent moon out, some light out but barely, which was perfect. We need to be stealthy.

David and Bowie canvased the area and posted up a ways back to keep an eye out while Lander came with me. I wasn't even sure what to say to her. All I could hope was that she would leave tonight with me. Although now I regretted only having jerky and whiskey in my home. I would need to take better care of my garden, make runs to the pack garden for some supplies to make due until my greenhouse would yield crops. Lander's been thinking about getting chickens, I hope he does. I'll need the fresh eggs now.

There's a set of caves near here I'm not sure where, but Bowie told me they were clear, but we chose not to meet there anyhow. The sound echoes and that's the last thing we need.

Boulders are scattering the area. Their composition is different than the caves, they don't reflect as much sound. There's a set that makes an arch, and that's where I choose to wait. It overlooks the rushing stream that she'll have to jump in if she chooses to be stubborn again.

She's coming with me.

I have to keep telling myself that. It's not safe for her there. Who knows what Emmett is even capable of?!

But I have no idea how to tell her, what to even say. It feels like my tongue is swelling up in my mouth, my beast feels frozen and frantic, stuck in ice he can't break free of.

Hours tick by, or were they just minutes?

It feels like forever waiting here.

I feel like I've already been waiting all night, but the moon hasn't moved that much. The sight of her crescent shape brings me some peace, but with peace comes frustration. Lander was able to grow up with Claire, mother said she knew when they were babies what they were. It was easy for them, and for that, I feel a pang of jealousy.

I push it out of my mind. It's not like Lander or anyone else could help that. Instead, I try to listen to the sound of the creek, but soon I find myself trying to listen for her in hopes that she doesn't stand me up.

My nose smells her before I can hear here. I can smell her and the air is sucked out of the space around me. I have to push my beast back and try to calm down.