Flashbacks - Chapter Four

She stood in a dark chamber. The walls were made out of black marble, as were the floors. Painted on the floor in pearl white was a massive rune. Before her stood a towering man. - Her father, Athanasius Ciaran Everlidson. Necromancers had always had a thing for their ridiculously long, fancy names. Luckily, he'd broken that with Edith's name. - He dressed in all black, of course. A waist-length robe, loose fitting pants to match, a fabric belt to hold the robe closed, and his midnight-stone ring.
He had hair the color of onyx with a few white streaks of age running through it. His eyes were just like his daughters; A gorgeous pear green that slowly trailed into a brown rim around his pupil.
"Focus now, Edith," Athanasius spoke, his voice much deeper than one would assume.
He stood before his eleven year old daughter, watching her with a firm gaze. Edith stood in the same clad black outfit as her father, excluding his ring, of course. Her eyes were closed, and her hand outstretched. Between the two of them was the fresh corpse of some sort of cat-like beast that Edith had yet to study. A brief puff of black mist rose from her hand, then vanished.
Edith had never willingly risen the dead before; She'd only accidentally done it over the years. Edith's mind was suddenly full of fear. What if she failed? She didn't want to disappoint her father.
A mass of smoke erupted from her hand, and charged to the corpse. The creature awoke, and Edith opened her eyes to see her father smiling. The beast huffed, then looked to Edith. - It began to purr. A smile blossomed on her face.
"You did it, Edith! My sweet daughter!" cheered Athanasius. The creature stood, then approached Edith, and began to nudge her in a loving manner; Unfortunately, it was large, and Edith was far from grown. She tumbled over, giggles erupting from her.
Her father helped her up. "Now, we must send it back, darling."

Edith awoke, surrounded by debris. Father...? Edith was confused for a moment, before she realized she had been asleep.
She coughed. What the hell?
The memories of what she identified as yesterday by pulling out her phone, rushed back to her. At least my phone survived. She thought to herself. Why would she bring it into battle? Emergencies, of course.
She shoved it back into her pocket. She looked up. A piece of what had been the floor above her, had nearly managed to crush her. It had been, luckily, stabilized by another mass of pavement.
The necromancer was quick to look for any holes she could fit through. When she found none, she sighed. Right. Plan A) Get out of this place, patch up, then try to locate my teammates. I'll be lucky if they don't already think I'm dead. Either that or they completely forgot about me....Can only hope S.H.I.E.L.D. did too, cullions.
What was Plan B?...She hadn't time to think that up just yet. She stood up, then pushed the massive rock just far enough to create a space for her to wriggle out of. Even with her inhumanity, she struggled a bit. Luckily, she had magic. A nifty little thing, when one needed it.
Without any hesitation at all, she freed herself. She found that there was a group of construction workers, preparing to work.
They all froze, and turned their gaze to the necromancer. She gave a lipstick smeared awkward smile, then vanished from their sight when she flicked her wrist for a spell. She hadn't expected anyone to be there just yet. With a loud whooshing sound, she appeared back in her apartment, unfortunately on the floor. She quickly jumped up, marched to her room, grabbed a book, and flipped it open.
"Spell for summoning a person, spell for summoning a demon, spell for summoning a mighty warrior..." She mumbled as she ran her finger down it's fraying pages.
"Ah. Here we go," She muttered the incantation, and before her, appeared all the items she'd brought with her to the helicarrier.
Was she amused by the thought of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents finding her things missing and panicking? Yes. Yes, she was.
She quickly put her things away, then put her clothes in to be cleaned, hoping they'd actually come clean. With all that dust, she was uncertain.

When Edith was out the shower, she put on a set of clean clothes; A naturally punk or goth looking outfit, featuring black leather pants and a tank top. Her makeup came next, as she refused to leave without it. It'd tie the outfit together.
She then threw on her old worn motorcycle jacket, adding a black choker with a shining silver snake and a few chains dangling from it. She stared at herself in the mirror.
"Not bad, for once," She commented, then left her bathroom.
It was easy for her to track Stark, with the right sort of spell. She would quickly find her metaphorical eyes in the back of his sportscar.
"Let my teammates know I'll be there soon," said Stark.
"Yes, sir...Shall I send a message to The Raven as well?"
Tony hesitated, before he replied. He seemed unnerved.
"Yeah, sure,"
"Message sent."
Edith's phone buzzed, just as she returned. There was the meeting location. She smiled softly to herself.

The Raven pulled up to the spot on a pitch black sports motorcycle; It had actually belonged to her best friend, but we won't get into that.
The other Avengers were talking with one another, and there stood the dark haired god she had yet to meet. Stark turned, eyebrows furrowing when he spotted her.
"Where the hell have you been?" questioned Stark.
"Well, I got trapped under a bunch'a rubble, and I'd also, only woke up a few hours ago. What did ya miss me, Stark?" replied Edith, grinning as she approached the group.
"I thought you were dead. Pardon me, your highness," Tony said, cocking a brow.
"Well, ta-da, I'm not," replied Edith, flashing a devious grin.
Steve chimed in, "Glad you're okay," The Captain patted her back, offering a small smile.
"That's a first," She mumbled, hoping no one would hear. "Thanks."
Cap raised a brow.
"A first..?" He questioned.
Damn.
"First time's anyone ever told me they're glad I'm okay," She explained with a shrug. She wouldn't elaborate any further.
There was an awkward moment of utter silence. No one knew how to respond to that.
"So, Lady Edith," Thor finally broke the silence.
The silenced God of Mischief would have grinned if he hadn't a muzzle on. Edith...? What a blatant name. He watched the necromancer carefully.
"What do you intend to-" He was cut off by everyone staring behind Edith. Edith turned, and there stood Director Fury.
"Oh. Fury. Wondrous," Her lack of enthusiasm was perhaps a bit obvious.
"June," The Director merely replied. He turned his gaze to the rest of the Avengers.
"There's been a change of plans. Loki's staying on Earth, under watch," He stated. The council and their idiotic decisions.
Thor was the first to speak;
"With all due respect, you couldn't possibly keep him contained,"
"He's not exactly wrong," Stark added.
"Who said I was gonna keep him under watch?" Fury turned his gaze back to Edith. "June, you will be-"
"Ahaha, no way, pal. I am not watching stuck-in-his-emo-phase," Edith was quick to cut him off.
Loki looked rather offended despite him not knowing what "emo" meant, while Stark was snickering.
"You either cooperate, Miss June, or you will face the consequences." Fury replied, his strict gaze upon her. Technically, she was a wanted criminal. Not that they'd be able to contain her...She didn't want the trouble. She grumbled to herself.
"If I say yes, does this mean I get to be left alone?" She replied, crossing her arms. She didn't want to move planets again. It'd become frustrating.
"For the most part, yes," answered Director Fury.
The necromancer sighed.
"Alright, then. I suppose I 'accept'." She paused for a brief moment. "I'm assuming you're moving me and goth christmas tree hair into some 'super secure'," She did air quotation marks. "base, right?"
Fury, though irritated, nodded.
"Thor, I'd like you to escort him," Fury gazed in his direction.
"I personally don't agree to this. I doubt she will be able to control him, but I shall,"
Tony almost scoffed at the god's reply.
"Don't underestimate her. I watched her raise a few hoards of zombies and rip four members of the opposing side in half." He merely stated.
Edith flashed a proud grin.
"Thanks, Stark,"
Now realizing what he said, Tony simply decided he was far too sober for this all.
"Also, don't call them zombies. Bit of a racial slur,"
"Not all of us aren't well acquainted with undead creatures, Edith,"
"Well, get acquainted. Don't be rude,"