Chapter 32: Moonlight Bridge

Hello Minna!

To start off with...

SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY! I haven't updated in forever and I am so sorry!!!

I've been super busy lately (I'm still in school right now), and my family has two birthdays and father's day all scrunched together. And I also promised my friend that I would wrote a Homestuck fan fiction with her.

Please forgive me!

-MustacheNarwhalz
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~Juvia's POV~

We all walked back to the hotel in an awkward silence. All of the girls ended up walking ahead everyone, while the guys lingered off in the back.

While a certain pair walked hand in hand in the middle. Both wearing bright scarlet cheeks.

I puffed out my cheeks when we finally reached the hotel. I tapped Lucy's shoulder before we got in, "Lucy?"

She turned to me and whispered, "Yeah, Juvia?"

I lowered my voice to a whisper as well, "Juvia is going to go on a walk, can Lucy tell the others?"

"Sure, Juvia."

I nodded towards her and turned on my heel. When we first arrived here, I spotted this beautiful pathway.

I turned a few corners and finally found the pathway. It was lined with lanterns that hung above from strings. The sidewalk had turned into pebbles and began to lead off into a small forest.

Fireflies flickered around me as I walked deeper into the forest. I soon found myself in a small clearing surrounded by trees that reached the sky.

In the center was a river with a small wooden bridge elevated above it. The bridge had old stained wood, and the rim was painted a fading red.

I walked to the center of the bridge and then lowered myself to the floor. I stuck my legs through the holes in the fence and let them dangle above the water.

The sound of the water crashing over the rocks and the smell of the river calmed me down.

I cleared my thoughts from all of my friends and problems and let the river wash them away.

I looked up through the trees at the full moon. It's moonlight shined on the bridge and made the river sparkle.

My feet swung back at worth and began to tap against the bridge.

With all the noise I was focusing on, I failed to hear the footsteps coming from the woods.

"Juvia?" a familiar voice shouted in surprise.

I squealed and accidentally banged my head against the side of the wall. A moan of pain escaped my mouth as my forehead throbbed.

I turned to the voice, "W-what is Gray doing here?"

He looked nervously at me, "I-I always come here. I've been coming here almost every night. What are you doing here?"

I avoided eye contact with him and looked back at the moon. "Juvia was just clearing her thoughts. The river is much more peaceful than the ocean."

A cold breeze tugged at my bare arms. I placed my hands over them to keep them from shivering.

Suddenly, I felt a jacket come over my shoulders. I looked behind me and saw Gray standing above me. I smiled, "Thank you."

Gray grabbed my hand and helped me to my feet. "C'mon, let's head back. It's getting cold and only I can handle it." He joked.

We walked back down the path together, his jacket still draped around my shoulders.

As we were walking, a small man came up to us, towing a cart that was filled with various flowers. He sent us a warm smile and asked, "A flower for the beautiful couple?" He held out a stunning white lily flower.

My cheeks burned in embarrassment as a sheepish smile came across my face. "Oh....no....we're not-"

Before I could continue, Gray pulled a few jewls (A/N: is that how you spell it?) and paid the man. He smiled to me and gave me the flower.

"Here you go, Juvia. Your favorite color, right?" Gray smiled.

I nodded and gently held the flower in my hands, holding it close to my chest.

When we got back to our rooms, we told one another goodnight. I quickly ran to the kitchen and found a clear, glass vase.

I filled it with water and brought it back into my room. I pushed aside the few Gray objects I was still allowed to have in my room and placed the vase down. I gently put in the flower into it

I climb into to bed and watch the flower in the moonlight. My eyelids began to droop as a smile creeps onto my face.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know what your thinking, 'What about the date!?'

Well come your butts down because that will come in the future or next chapter! One of those...

Happy Gruvia!

-MustacheNarwhalz