30: The Acceptance

//

DUMBLEDORE

//

Dumbledore, during 1976, watched from the sidelines as young Sirius Black and Renley Lane fell in love. His heart ached for them both, and for Renley's friends as well. How would they cope when she returned to her own time?

Dumbledore felt no anger or distress when they pranked him. He simply chuckled and let it go. After all, it was just them being young lovers, young friends.

When Henrietta Potter came to Hogwarts, Dumbledore instantly noticed how familiar she seemed. When she was first born, her eyes were eerily similar to Renley's, but he thought nothing of it. But as he watched her grow, he realized she shared the same behavioral traits as Renley Lane. Could it be possible they were the same person?

Then the time came when the Hogwarts term of 1995 began. Henrietta came to school, this time with lavender dyed hair and wearing light makeup, unlike when she'd worn none.

That answered his suspicions.

Renley Lane and Henrietta Potter were the same.

It made everything more complicated. After all, Henrietta's godfather was none other than older Sirius Black. Also, he was in Azkaban for murder and betrayal of Henrietta's parents.

Dumbledore always suspected Sirius was innocent.

And he was.

The elderly man watched again as the two formed a bond. He overheard them talking at one point, while they were sitting on the lawn behind 12 Grimmauld Place. Sirius had murmured, "You remind me of someone." Oh, little did he know...

Dumbledore would never let anyone know, but he felt a slight twinge of envy at the pair's relationship. They were so in love, and it made him regret never finding someone to love as much as those two loved each other.

He always accepted their relationship, regardless of age or legality. It was love, the strongest of magic.

//

RON

//

Ron didn't know what to think when he first witnessed Henrietta returning to 1995 and kissing Sirius. He was instinctively confused and disapproved of the relationship, but later found he didn't care. 

To him, it was another light in the war. Henrietta and Sirius' bond was obvious to everyone, even Ron. He viewed their bond as another topic to be happy about, to joke about, and to have fun with. It was just like teasing Ginny when she dated a boy named Dean. 

Because even though Ron was overprotective, he wanted his loved ones to find happiness in even the darkest of times. Henrietta and Sirius proved to him that it was still possible.

//

HERMIONE

//

Hermione held no disapproval towards Sirius and Henrietta's relationship, except maybe how it was almost illegal. Technically it wasn't, but she still disliked the fact that Henrietta was so young.

Nonetheless, Hermione was content her friend had found love.

//

HARRY

//

Harry loved his godfather, yes, but he was also paranoid. He never wanted anyone to hurt his twin sister, especially not by someone so close to them. 

Like Ron, Harry didn't know what to think or feel about the revelation that they were in love. He tried to be open minded, especially after a particular conversation with Henrietta.