A Learning Expirience

Sorry for the sucky title

The ninja had decided that it would be best for them to stay on the bounty. Since Nadakhan knew where the temple was, it was best to keep moving. Misako and Wu helped to treat the ninja's injuries.

"Ow. Master Wu, no need to be so harsh" said Cole as he rubbed his arm.

"I am sorry Cole. I'm just worried about jay" replied Master Wu.

They all shook their heads in understanding. They spent the rest of the day recuperating.

"Kai, I was wondering if you would like to help me prepare dinner?" asked Zane.

"Sure. Why not? It's not like I had anything better to do" grumbled Kai.

He put down his music and went into the kitchen. Zane handed him a knife and told him to cut peppers.

"I invited skylor to dinner tonight" said Zane offhandedly.

"You what?" screamed Kai.

"I looked through my data base and came up with the solution to your problems with skylor. You need to spend more time together. Seeing as we're not going out tonight, I decided to invite her" said Zane nonchalantly.

Kai stomped off furiously. He would never admit it to Zane but he was happy Skylor was coming. He decided to go to Nya for advice on how not to screw up.

He went up to her door and knocked. "Hey Nya, I was wondering if you would be able to give me advice".

"Well that's new. What can I help you with?" said Nya as she opened the door.

She invited him to sit down on her bed to talk.

"So, Zane invited skylor over tonight. What's the best way not to make a total fool of myself?" asked Kai.

Nya let out a laugh and said "I never thought you'd be coming to me for advice on love".

"Haha hilarious. Please help me. I don't know what to do" pleaded Kai.

"The best advice I could give you is to be yourself. It never works to pretend to be someone your not. When Jay and I first started dating, he would pretend to to be someone he wasn't" said Nya as she smiled at the memory.

"What if she thinks I'm boring or not worth it?" asked Kai sullenly.

"If she really likes you then I'd have nothing to worry about" replied Nya.

"Thanks. You always know what to say" said Kai as he hugged Nya.

"No problem. If I were you, I would go fix my hair" laughed Nya.

Kai ran out of the room to go freshen up. He wanted to look sleek but not to over do it. He wore a simple black shirt with jeans and converse. He perfected his hair and stared in the mirror to make sure everything was good.

"What's the special occasion?" laughed Cole.

"Skylor is coming over tonight, so I want to look my best" answered Kai.

"You'll be fine fire breath. I'm sure she will love you" said Cole.

Kai smiled and a moment later Zane called them down for dinner. Kai did one last mirror check and went downstairs. Skylor was sitting at the table talking to Lloyd. When the made eye contact, skylor smiled and turned away. Kai sat across from her and every time her eyes were averted, he stole a glance at her. She had the most beautiful hair.

"So Lloyd tells me that you all have your hands full with this djin" said Skylor.

"Nadakhan is hell bent on destroying Jay. He has him and we have to save him" said Cole.