Chapter 37 - First Day

Clyde Dante

"Yes grandma.. I will take care a really good care of her." I said her as I hugged her.

"Good."

"Bye grandma." Beverly hugged her tightly.

"I'll see you two soon, okay?"

"Yes."

"Bye dad and mom." I hugged my parents and they hugged me tightly.

"We'll see you again later." My dad patted my back and I nodded.

"Be nice to Beverly." My mom warned and I nodded. Beverly hugged my parents and then after that.. they walked into the airport. We waved at them and grandma gestured us to go.

We got into the car and I drove away. I held Beverly's hand with my right hand.

"On the evening.. I have to go to the doctor." She said.

"I'll take you there." I said and she nodded.

"I'm sorry." I said.

"Huh? For what?"

"I made you sleep on the sofa.. for months." I said and she chuckled.

"Your sofa is comfy and I'm not complaining about it." She said.

"Beverly.." I sighed.

"What? I'm fine, Clyde. Chill will you? It can be fixed as long as I keep sleeping with a special corset."

"I know but still.."

"You know?" She asked.

"Carrie.. Jack's wife happens to have the same scoliosis."

"Oh.." She said and I chuckled.

"Hey.. how about we go to a nice dinner after that? You know.. grandma and my parents literally tried to seperate us all the time and I hate it." I said as I glanced to her. She smiled.

"Okay then.. Beside.. I'm going to give he answer that you've been waiting for." She said and I smiled.

"I'm so excited and I hope it's a good answer." I said and then after that I took her to the hospital to take her special designed corset to fix her back bone. I felt bad because I bet she became like this because me. I made her sleep on the sofa for good 5 months.

"Thankyou doctor." She said and I smiled to him politely. We walked out from the room and I took the big plastic bag from Beverly.

"What a gentleman.."

"I have always been one."

"No.. you're not. You never been this so gentleman before.. you always treated me like I'm a stranger."

"Sorry." I said and she held my hand.

"Nah.. I'm just teasing you." She kissed my cheek and I turned to her ruffling her hair. I put my arm around her shoulder.

"You're cute."

"Clyde!" Suddenly someone called me and we turned to see.. oh! It's Jack and Carrie. I turned to Beverly and she's tensed. She looked at them nervously.

"Hey Jack.. and Carrie." I hugged them both and then they gave me a look to introduce the woman beside me.

"Oh.. this is Beverly. Beverly, this is Jack and Carrie, my bestfriends."

"Bestfriend my ass.. you've been so secretive lately! How come you never told me that you a girlfriend now?" Jack asked.

"You two are busy with each other." Clyde said and rolled his eyes. Jack chuckled and put his arm around Carrie's shoulder.

"We do but at least you can call us.. disappearing from New York and go to LA suddenly."

"Sorry.. you know we can catch up with you later on."

"I'll call." I said.

"No babe.. you're the one who should call first because he won't." Carrie said.

"Right. Now I'm going.. okay? Talk to you two later on.. if I call." I smirked.

"I will call you, you idiot!" Jack said chuckling.

"See you two soon.."

"Nice to meet you two." Beverly said.

"Listen.. Beverly. They don't know anything and they will never know about what happen. Don't worry." I said.

"Yeah.. I'm just nervous. He's your bestfriend." She said and I kissed the side of her head.

"Don't be.. you have me and besides even grandma and my parents won't talk about this to someone else. You can trust the Dante for this." I said and she turned to me smiling. She suddenly stopped and turned her body to me.

"You okay?" I asked.

"I don't think I can wait to tell you this until dinner."

"Huh?"

"Let's date.. I'm ready to take a risk with you. I mean.. I'm nervous and afraid actually but I trust you." She said nervously and I chuckled looking at her being so nervous saying it.

"So you're officially my girlfriend now?"

"If you want.." She said in a small tone and I hugged her. I hugged her tightly.

"Is that a yes?" She asked.

"Beverly, I'm the one who asked you to date me first.. you're the one saying yes to me. If you ask me that.. my answer will always a yes." I said and she chuckled. I released the hug and looked at her. I caressed her head and looked into her eyes.

I leaned my head to her and kissed her slowly. I cupped her face to deepen the kiss.

"Let's go to dinner tonight." I said and she nodded.

"Let's celebrate our first day." I said and she laughed.

"So cheesy for a guy like you." She said.

"Babe.. I'm a romantic and cheesy guy, you'll see a lot of it in the future." I smiled.

"You sure do have a lot of confidence."

"In front of you only.. if I say that in front Jack, he kicked me already."

"Unebelievable."