Chapter 4

“Do you not understand me? She remembers.” I heard an angry voice shout

“We cannot kill her.”  Kill me?

“We must kill her. If we don’t she’ll kill us.”

“Aren’t you being rash?”

“Exactly brother; she could be useful to us.” Another voice reasoned

“She is a threat. Are you too blind to see that?”

“No; but you are short sighted, brother.”

“She will-”

“She has done nothing.”

“Yet” There was a short silence. “She’s awake.” He informed gravely.

I opened my eyes to three men surrounding me; all focused on me, all handsome; one impossibly so.

“What are you guys doing? You’ll scare her.” The female voice came from behind the three walls that enclosed me and. A woman appeared between two of them. “Evening Nora” she greeted wearing a warm smile that was equally reflected in her bright eyes. “I’m Jessica, married to Zotikos,” she placed a hand on the shoulder of her husband, who had dark hair “And this is Lysander. You’ve already met Chrysanthos.” Chrysanthos; my golden eyed tormenter had a name and he was up front and centre.

“It-it’s nice to meet you all.”I answered sceptically “Can I get up?” They seemed like gods and goddesses especially with the way they were dressed

“Sure-”

“No.” Chrysanthos interrupted and I froze. “What did you do to me?” The agonised tone of his voice took me by surprise and I stared at him, wide-eyed. What on Earth was he talking about?

“What-”

“Answer me” he growled, lurching forward. His eyes went from chestnut to a fiery gold but remained fixed on mine.

 “I don’t-” I stopped when he roared. The unexpectedly loud sound resonated through the room. I moved my seat back and Zotikos placed a hand on his chest, which he aptly pushed off.

“Let her speak brother.” Lysander intervened.

“She will speak now or she will die.” His voice was hazardously low, adding to my agitation.

“Are you insane?” I asked, pushing back my chair and getting up. “You have no reason to interrogate me. You bit me. I should be asking you if you have rabies or something.” My hands were waving all over the place.

 “Rabies?” he chuckled sardonically. “Do you know who you are talking to?”

“An asshole.” I retorted and Lysander chuckled. Chrysanthos clenched his jaw, his hands balling into fists at his side. “What are you so mad about? I didn’t do anything to you? You kidnapped me and brought me here!”

“Why do you remember?” he asked, in a low voice.

“I don’t know.” Was my response but it all made sense now. He was the one who growled at my window.

“What do you know?” he snapped.

“Chrysanthos,” Zotikos interceded and Chrysanthos turned in the direction which Zotikos and Jessica stood. “She does not know.” They seemed to have a silent exchange because Chrysanthos walked out of the room with one last searing look in my direction.

 “Thank you,” I took the wine glass out of Jessica’s hand. I took a sip of the deep red wine, savouring the rich taste. “This wine is fantastic.” I never really drank but heck, I needed this drink.