I continued to stare up at the beautiful stranger that had rescued me from the woods, could I really trust him enough to look after me? No one had looked after me since I was seven years old. I know I said that I trusted him, and I did, but I had been wrong before. I had trusted the police officer who had come to my front door to put me into a good home after my parents had disappeared, that didn't happen. I had trusted the Leftens to look after me after I had found myself alone at such a young age, that also didn't happen. Could I really trust myself to know how to trust?

"You okay little mate?" Jax asked, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear and out of my eyes, it was now completely dry and falling in soft waves framing my face. It hadn't been cut in a while, falling just past my shoulders, and I had never been more thankful for that than I was right now.

I smiled up at him slightly and nodded my head, deciding to try and trust him until he did something that said otherwise. There was something about him that just made me calmer, more relaxed and I couldn't for the life of me figure out why.

"Thank you very much doctor, we will see you in a week" Jax replied and started to stand with me still in his arms, but the doctor quickly stood with us and stared at Jax as if she was trying to tell him something.

I looked up at Jax to see a slight frown on his face, what the hell was going on with these two? They stood there in silence for a few minutes, just staring at each other without actually looking. It was as if they had both slipped into a daydream at the exact same moment.

As quickly as they had zones out though they had returned, acting as if nothing had even happened.

"Before you go Annabelle, I have written you a prescription for a variety of vitamin tablets. Alpha could you please make sure she takes them once a day?" She asked, handing him a small piece of paper.

Why did these people keep calling him Alpha, his name was Jax wasn't it? Unless it was some weird nickname that I didn't know about.

"Of course doctor" Jax replied before taking the piece of paper from her outstretched hand and walking out the room with a final nod from him and a small wave from me.

"Right, let's go home and get you some lunch then shall we?" Jax asked as we made our way through the hospital and to the car park.

I stayed silent, not really knowing how to respond to someone who was offering me food.

"What do you fancy?" He asked as he buckled me up and started to drive back to his house. "The doctor suggested only liquid food so how about I heat you up some chicken soup, I'm pretty sure I have some in my fridge from the other day".

I stayed quiet, last time I had asked for food I couldn't walk for a week. It was ingrained into me at such a young age that food was a luxury that I wasn't permitted to have and no matter how amazing Jax was or how many times he stated he wasn't going to hurt me, I wasn't going to just break out of that thought process overnight.

I suddenly felt the car jerk to a stop and I instantly started to panic, what had I don't wrong? I had followed every rule I had been told, stay quiet, head down and don't interact with anybody I wasn't permitted to. My heart rate picked up again and I frantically looked around for an exit, needed to get out of the car as I felt the walls closing in on me. I tried the passenger door but it had the child lock on and the other door was blocked by Jax, there was no sunroof to climb through and without breaking a window to get out I was pretty much trapped here.

"Hey, hey calm down little mate...please you're going to start having a panic attack in a minute if you don't slow your breathing down" Jax muttered but his words fell on deaf ears.