Taehyung ↬ Under The Mask

↬ edited

We live in a world where people hide their sadness under a mask. It's just the reality. Why do people hide it? The true feeling of sadness overflows everyone. Sometimes it stays. Sometimes it goes. But will I ever see someone who can express their true emotions?

As a person who wants to fit it, I understand. But I don't. It's hard to understand. But it's easy. Somehow, I don't know what to feel about it. Do I feel anything?

I'm nervous to remove my mask. What if they stare at me? What if the judge me? Will they stay? Who will stay? Why? What? How? I have so many questions and no one will answer.

Walking and waiting at the same spot. Looking for someone to notice. Looking for someone to see. Looking for someone I can see. But it's hard. I'm afraid because I can't see what's under their masks. I'm afraid they'll leave. I'm afraid that they're not real.

Hands in my pocket as I breathe in the cold air. I sighed to myself. What's the point?

"I wish to see," I heard a guy beside me suddenly speak. He was different. He didn't have a mask. He was looking up. Staring at the dark sky but it was lit by millions and millions of stars.

From what I've heard, love is like this moment. When the sky is dark, there's always a star to light it up.

"Do you wish to see?" The guy said as I stared at him. He had headphones on. I can hear the music he was listening to. Agust D? I can hear Agust D. How does that relate to anything? He's probably talking to himself.

I stood up and picked my bag up. He did the same thing as we walked past each other. A slight spark came across as we had slight physical contact. I saw him look at me and he saw me look at him. I looked down quickly. Slightly flustered. What is this feeling?

I went to the bus stop, went on the bus, and ran home. I removed my mask and ran to the washroom. What the hell happened? I never had this feeling before. I sighed to myself and crashed into my bed. I hugged my pillow as tight as I can and drifted to sleep.

Taehyung's POV

I wonder what she's like without her mask. She was shocked to see me without one. I always wondered why I never had one.

I sat on the chair in my balcony. It's so cold. But it has a nice feeling. Looking out to the city makes me feel something.

I want to see her again.

But what's the chance?

She has a mask like everyone else.

I can feel that she doesn't want it on but why won't she remove it? Society these days. The spark when we touched was odd. It was a different feeling.

What was it?

I want to see her again. But I can't.

I don't know who she is. My chance is low.

I sighed to myself as I grabbed my hair.

"I don't know who you are but I will find you. I promise. Remove your mask when we meet again then I'll know it's you. But for now, you're just my first love. I'm sorry," I said out loud. I might never see you again but if we do see each other, I hope to see you under the mask.