Kidnapped - Trip x Reader

Requested by: SsorkleShineMLP

Y/N = Your Name

It was times like these that really make you wonder why you were still friends with Wes and the others.

You were all just hanging out after they had a long day of work and when you left to get a drink a mutant suddenly grabbed you. Of course, you struggled and the others morphed trying to save you, but the alien managed to get away.

He took you to some abandoned building. You went to what appeared to be the basement of the building. Of course, the mutant called you "The rangers' friend," even though, you have a name. Then again, it's not like those idiots even knew the rangers' names either. Honestly the entire fight and kidnapping was such a blur in your head at this point, all you really cared about now is if you were even going to survive this.

The mutant was now talking to the robots, who clearly weren't listening because, well they're robots, about something. He went up to you and says, "Ah. So you're the friend that the rangers seem to care about so much." "You know, I have a name. It's Y/N, not just "the rangers' friend." "Yes, Of course." He says clearly not caring.

"You especially seem to be close to the green ranger." He says. You glare at him for mentioning Trip. You could already tell that they were probably using you as bait because they knew you were important to the others, especially Trip.

"Once those rangers get here to save you, they'll be trapped. I'll be able to destroy those rangers and roam free." He says. "They'll beat you. They always beat people like you." You say. "Ah, well, the difference is that I have something they won't expect. I have a trick up my sleeve." He says as he begins to maniacally laugh.

***

After some time the mutant returns, but with a strange device. "What's that?" You ask. "A bomb. If those rangers try to save you they'll die along with you, and if they don't their guilt over your death will overwhelm them and we'll win. Either way, we win." The mutant says with an evil grin. The mutant sets the timer for just 15 minutes.

You attempt to struggle against the ropes to try and get out, but to no avail. You attempt to reach in your back pocket to see if you still have your pocket knife with you to only feel empty space. "Crap, the mutant must have taken it from me so I can't escape." You realize in your head before resting your head on the chair you were tied to praying that the others would manage to save you.

***

2 minutes

2 freaking minutes were left on that timer. At this point you thought you were well and truly screwed. You were about to die with no one around you to help, in a fire.

1 minute

"Crap, crap, crap." You mutter as you stare at the clock that was counting down the last few seconds of your short lived life.

Screech!

You suddenly hear as you see the others dash into the room. You sigh in relief and a big smile appears on your face. Trip runs to you and cuts the tight ropes around you. "Trip." You say. "Y/N, I'm so sorry. This is all my fault." He says. "It's not. Let's just get out of here, okay?" You say. You both look at the clock and see 30 seconds are left.

"Yeah, we better hurry." He says as the six of you run out of the basement. You could practically hear your heart beating quickly as you all ran out of the building. Right as you got out of the building you saw it burst into flames. "God, that could have been me in there." You grimly think. You look at Trip who demorphs and looks at you. He smiles at you, teary eyed. You smile back.

***

After the battle Trip and the others got you back to the clock tower. You were sitting at the table reading a book to try to take your mind off of what just happened after the others kept asking if you were alright or needed anything. Trip goes up to you and sits next to you, "Y/N, you need anything?" He asks. "No, I'm fine." You reply.

"I'm sorry that happened. We never meant to put you in danger." He says. "It's fine. I'm the one that decided to hang out with you and accepted the risks when I found out you guys were Rangers. You've got nothing to worry about." You say as you give Trip a small smile. "I know, I just feel bad." Trip says. "Well don't. It's not your fault. Besides, you saved me. You're a hero." You say to Trip. He smiles as you say that and looks down at the ground.

You continue, "You're like my Superman." Trip's smile becomes even wider and a smile appears on your face too. "Is it sad to say that I can sympathize with Lois Lane now?" You joke as you both laugh.

"You know I love you, right?" Trip says. "Of course, I love you too." You say. "Remember our first date?" You say. "That was a mess." Trip says. "Remember the dog?" You say. "Of course I do." Trip says as you both laugh at the ridiculous memory. "But then again it's the thought that counts." You say as you smile.

"Thanks for always being there for me." Trip says. "Don't mention it. You're amazing. You've always been there for me, so I'll always be there for you." You say. "Yeah, I know. It's just that when everyone still saw me as just a rambling tech nerd and I kept trying to change myself, you always pushed me to not try and be what others want me to be and to just be myself. That I was much more then just a weird alien. That helped me so much." Trip thanks. "Of course. You're one of the best people I know. Besides, I can't imagine you any other way then the way you are now." You say as you smile.

The others eventually go into the room and join your conversation. You continue to talk and share memories from the ridiculously funny to the heartbreakingly sad, but it's all alright. Because you've got each other. Because you've got him. Because you've got your friends by your side. They made life interesting, a complete whirlwind. It was amazing, and you really couldn't ask for anything better.

***
Author's Note:
First, I want to apologize to SparkleShineMLP for being so late on this one shot. Life got in the way from being sick, school work, and my own temporary failure to rewatch a few episodes of Time Force to make sure I wrote Trip well. Please follow her as she too is another aspiring author and you might like some of her stuff. I hope you liked this one shot and that it wasn't that bad. Thanks for reading and have a good day!

When Published: March 8, 2018