XV. life outside the cage

Chapter 15

After I can finally steady myself and before I have time to react, Leo hurriedly let go of me and exited the room which I cannot help but chuckle.

I walked towards the huge mirror plastered over the wall. My hair is like a bird's nest. Plus, my eyes are red due to how hard I just cried a while ago.

I absolutely have nothing to wear aside from a very simple white gown and a black one.

And since I am not a sucker for the color black, I decided to stick with the white one.

I mean, there's no way I am going out wearing a maid uniform. I don't want someone mistaking me as Leo's maid, not that I am saying I want people to think that we're ya know, together. As in, romantically together.

Also, it would be a nightmare if ever someone just came towards me and asked me to clean their toilets at home. Like, I don't know what I'll do if that ever happens. If only I have the guts to raise my middle finger...

There was a knock on the door, "It's been ages, Clementine, are you now finished?" Leo asked.

I can sense desperation in his voice. I don't know whether to be insulted or to just find this really funny.

After checking out myself in the mirror, brushing my annoying hair off my face, I let out a soft sigh and uttered, "Let's go,"

With that, the door flew open and there stood Leo in the doorway, his hands inside his pockets. Still wearing his dark tuxedo.

He slowly eyed me from head to toe and what happened was really unexpected, he let out a laugh and said, "you've got to be kidding me, Clementine. Are you out of your mind?"

I raised my brow at him and asked him, "Why? What's wrong?" I'm still confused.

Leo the shook his head and uttered, "You're not going out wearing your sleeping wear,"

That made me double-check my white gown. I kinda feel stupid on behalf of the designer of this gown. Just because it's white then it is automatically an undergarment or a sleeping wear.

I was about to say something when Leo spoke first, his arms still crossed. "Also, the outside is too polluted to wear white. Try wearing white outside and it'll be in the color of black by the time you're home. That's how polluted this country is,"

Shoot, I forgot. The Victorian era did suffer major pollution due to the smoke coming from the factories and vehicles.

Leo was about to say something when I began pushing him off the room and jokingly said, "Whatever, whatever. I'll change." as I rolled my eyes heavenwards.

But he is just so strong. I can't push him. Seriously. Is he Superman in disguise?

"Goodness gracious, do you want to watch me change?" I jokingly asked, rolling my eyes heavenwards.

Suddenly, Leo's face became red as he gave me a confused look. The awkward side of him activated.

"What I mean is, get out so that I can change," I added, crossing my arms. After a few seconds, Leo's face color became normal.

The awkward side of him deactivated.

Leo just released a loud laugh and uttered, "Oh great, another decade of waiting," as he raised both his hands and let me push him off the room.

Right after I closed the door, harder than I intended to, I went straight to the room to wear the black one since I had no choice. The gown is not literally in color black, it also has a touch of gold which makes it a bit fancy. Heck, I don't know where this came from.