9

❝ Ultimately the bond of all companionship, whether in marriage or in friendship, is conversation

❝ Ultimately the bond of all companionship, whether in marriage or in friendship, is conversation. ❞ 

~Oscar Wilde

***

Except for the morning's conversation, the entire day went quite peacefully for Anika. She actually enjoyed her mother-in-law's company. When Nirav and his dad were off to work, the two ladies had the whole house to themselves. They had a long talk. Asha told her about their family rituals, about their relatives, and most importantly about Nirav. Anika learned many new things about Nirav, some of which were really hard for Anika to believe. Asha told her that Nirav was a very talkative person once, very jolly and always happy. He was very naughty but very smart and brilliant too. He has always made his parents proud. Anika sensed it from Asha's talk, the feeling of pride for her son. It was difficult for Anika to believe that Nirav was a very talkative and naughty person once because she hadn't yet seen his that side yet. What she had seen was a quiet man, who tried to make her smile sometimes but she always had a thought that he speaks less, not with her, but with others. She hadn't seen him talking to people much. Asha also added that he changed himself, behavior wise, in the period of his college days. After some period he never tried to get involved in the family talks or anything. Even he doesn't talk much with her or with his father. Maybe he has become more dedicated towards his work and his mind is always be thinking about it. But she mentioned it for like fifth time that she never left a chance of making them proud. She also told Anika some of his childhood memories, even showed him his old photographs. Anika couldn't help but smile at that innocent looking face in the photographs. He still looks innocent in the same way, no doubt, Anika thought. Also, she had to watch those typical melodramatic daily soaps with her mother-in-law, not to mention, forcefully.

The day passed quite quickly than Anika had imagined. She was never used to sitting at home for whole one day. Back at her parents' house, she was always busy with some or the other work. Monday to Friday she had her office, and almost all the weekends she used to spend with either her best friend Vidhi or at home reading books. Life was awesome back then, she thought.

 Life was awesome back then, she thought