Chapter 20 - Before It's Too Late

Beverly Carington

"I'm nervous.. why am I nervous?" Becca asked as she held my hand tightly. We both currently sitting in front of my laptop waiting for the announcement.

Since I'm back in New York, I went to a lot of interviews and to a lot of company to get a job. A real job.. I promised grandma that I will get a real job once I get back in New York.

And again..

I've been rejected by 3 companies so far and now I'm waiting for the Architect Hive to announce whether if I'm accepted or not.

"2 minutes left.." I said as I looked at the time.

"Oh my gosh. Why am I sweating? Aren't you the one who suppose to be sweating?" She asked and I chuckled.

"You're crazy."

"But you love me." She said and that's true.

"It's time.. it's time!" Becca said and I clicked the refresh button. I pressed the announcement and then it's out. I closed my eyes.

"Check it and tell me, is my name there?" I asked and my heart is beating crazily.

"Oh my god! You're accepted!!!!!!!!!!" I opened my eyes and looked it for myself. I squealed and hugged Becca. We squealed together and jumped up and down. Oh my gosh..

At the same time, my phone beeps and that's when you know you got a message.

Ms. Carington,
Congratulations! You're accepted to Architect Hive company. You will start working and join the first meeting next week.

Thankyou,
Architect Hive

"I'm so happy for you." She said as she read the message.

"Thankyou!"

"I will order us a lot of pizza!" She said as she got up from the sofa. She left to call the pizza place and I decided to call grandma.

"Hello."

"Grandma! I got the job!" I squealed.

"Oh Beverly, congratulations! I'm so happy for you!" She squealed too.

"Thankyou grandma for encouraging me and for believing me."

"You're welcome and yes I'm so happy for you."

"Grandma.. Since I will start my work next week. I have time to go to LA. I was wondering if we can spend time together without Clyde knowing? Fred and Jocelyn can join us!"

"Oh sure, of course! I will be so happy to see you here again! We can spend our time together at the beach with Fred and Jocelyn."

"I will treat you guys dinner as a thankyou because you let me stayed with you all for 5 good months."

"Oh Beverly, you're such a sweet kid." She chuckled.

"Is.. Clyde doing okay?" I asked.

"Clyde? He's okay. He's been spending his time with Anna a lot lately. They're back together."

"Oh." That's my response.

"You okay?"

"Of course, I'm okay, grandma. I'm so happy right now because I'm finally get a job." I squealed again.

"I'm so happy for you too! I can't wait to see you here."

"I will take the earliest flight tomorrow, I'll see you tomorrow, grandma."

"See you soon too." I ended the call and Becca sat beside me.

"Did you order it?"

"Yup, I ordered it." She nodded.

"Did you talk to grandma earlier?" She asked.

"Yup and I will go to LA tomorrow and maybe for a couple of days.."

"You should.. go clear your head to get ready for work next week." She said and we squealed again.

"Thankyou, Becca.. for always there to support me."

"You too." She smiled and we hugged each other.

"Don't you miss Clyde?"

"I would be lying if I say I don't. He's the first guy that I hang out with and he's a good person actually." I sighed everything we talked about Clyde.

"You should see him."

"He got back with Anna and I'm not going to see him."

"Why? Because you're afraid?" Becca asked and I turned to her shaking my head.

"I don't know."

"You know, Bev, you spent 5 months together literally everyday. You both spent your time with kisses, hugs, laughs, glaring, arguing.. without you realizing it became a routine for you both. I'm not blaming you if you miss him or if you start to have feelings for this guy." I laughed at her statement.

"I'm not."

"Then explain me why are you crying for a week?"

"I miss grandma."

"You're still contacting with her, you will see her tomorrow anyway." She patted my shoulder and I sighed.

"Do you remember when we went groceries shopping? You kept saying.. 'Clyde loves this cracker.. Clyde hates this candy.. Clyde loves this orange juice.. You should see his face if you put a fresh kiwi in Clyde's hand' everything is Clyde, Clyde and Clyde."

"I did not."

"Oh really? Now you're trying to deny it?" She hissed and I sighed.

"I don't like him."

"Without you noticing, he became your routine. Beverly, you're pissed and wanted to go to New York because without you noticing you're jealous. You were jealous that Clyde keeps going out with Anna instead of you. You asked him to spend time with you but he asked you to lie to his family.. when he's going out with Anna." Becca bursted and I sighed.

"I don't know."

"I'm not forcing you anything, I just want you to be happy. Did you even realize that everytime you talk to me when you're in LA.. you sound very happy. You talked a lot and even told me a lot of funny stories. Did you even realize that?"

"No. Becca, you know that this is my first time hanging out with a man who knows my real name, who knows the real me and who knows about my previous job."

"I know.. Bev. I know. You're afraid that your relationship will turn out bad just like your parents. That's why you shut yourself off from guys since you're in junior high.. but Beverly.. just because you parents were divorce, it doesn't mean that you will have a fail relationship too."

"It's still hard for me."

"I know.. but you need to realize that sooner or later before it's too late."