Prologue

L E O N

My family and I had moved from our coven of pixies to the city of Grandelia

My family and I had moved from our coven of pixies to the city of Grandelia. As humans would say it, you could say I was from the 'country' part of this land. I had never met any other supernatural species until I moved here.

I have five siblings, two older and three youngers. I was the middle child sadly. I had an older brother and sister, then two younger brothers and sister who were triplets, and let me tell you- that was a surprise.

We only moved because we could not make ends meet in our coven. It was highly competitive and with six children, my parents were struggling.

Thank the goddess my parents went to college because they were able to land jobs in Grandeila. They worked for the Alpha of the pack as doctors. With our magic pixies made great healers.

So here I am how, seventeen years old and in my junior year of high school. Every supernatural creature lived much longer than humans, so seventeen to pixies was like I was still a fetus.

My older brother was twenty-one and starting college here, while my sister was finishing her senior year with me in SNH High.

We lived in a three-bedroom apartment in the city. I had to share a room with those two idiots while my other siblings shared a room together, not that they minded since they were attached at the hip.

The rooms were large enough to give us space, which was enough. My parents tried their hardest to make our lives comfortable and I was just grateful to have a roof over my head.

I sighed as I placed the last of my stuff in my tiny draw beside my bed. I did not have much, but it was enough to keep me clothed and happy.

"All done?"

Asked my older brother Damian. I looked at him and sighed.

"Fucking finally."

He laughed as I flopped back into my bed, tired from moving. It is hard when you have three energetic five-year old to take care of at the same time.

My parents were sleeping, as they were tired from driving all the way over here non-stop.

"Where Isabella?"

I asked, just now noticing my sister was missing from the room. Damian flopped onto his bed and pulled out his phone.

"She went to get us dinner, it's going to be pizza tonight by the way."

I rolled my eyes at him and just laid back and closed my eyes.

I wished for the best here, this was a fresh start for my family. Finally, my parents would get some stress off their shoulders, even make more money than we needed!

At that thought I was happy, we lived in werewolf territory, more specifically the capital of werewolf territory. My mom and dad worked for the lead pack. They were assisting the current doctor right now and then when he felt they were ready; he would retire as he was 426 years old and wanted to spend his last couple hundred years traveling the world.

I sighed and closed my eyes; I would get a job soon and help pay the bills like my brother and sister did. We all had an unknown saying between the three of us, the little ones and our parents came first- we would do anything to make sure life was easier for them best we could.

At first my parents hated that my brother and sister had gotten jobs to help, but it was so bad at a time where we barely had food and no lights or hot water. With their money we lived as comfortably as we could.

"Damian?"

I asked in the now darkening room.

"Hmm...?"

He said as a response. I could still see the glow of his phone in the room, so I knew he was awake.

"Do you think life is going to get better, not so hard anymore?"

I asked a bit worried we would do worse than we were in our coven. I heard him sigh, he has a lot of stress on him being the oldest. A lot of responsibility falls on his shoulders and he is always looking out for us, comforting us.

"Of course, Leon. Mom and dad both have jobs and I have a scholar ship in this new school. Less bills and more money are being made. Now stop worrying and enjoy life for a second."

He said and then resumed typing in his phone. I nodded, even though I know he could not see me.

He was right. I needed to be a teenager and not an adult, life was to be enjoyed.

This town would change my life, even give me more than I could ever imagine.

With that thought I closed my eyes and let sleep take over my body, this time with no worries or stress of how I was going to survive the next day.

EDITED 12/06/20