She's gone

Sev's POV (Nightmare)

I shot up, looking around me, hyperventilating.

Something wasn't right

That was when I noticed. I wasn't in the tent, I was back in the room at the facility.

Hadn't it burned down? I thought to myself.

"It had." My head snapped in the direction of the window where the voice came from, "How beautiful the sea is, as dangerous as it is."

"Seventeen." I growled, looking at the girl who looked exactly like me standing in front of my bed, looking out of the window, gazing outside it where the velvet night sky and deep blue sea was, "What do you want this time?!"

"You all thought I didn't have any rational thoughts." She said and I almost detected a hint of sorrow, "That I didn't have a heart."

"You don't." I hissed. She glanced over her shoulder, gazing at me. No hinted threats could be sensed, "What game are you playing?!"

"Why do you think I'm always cruel?" She asked me, brushing off my question, "Why do you think I'm like this? I've been made to experience the very same thing you've been through, I'm just like you." She whispered the last part, back to gazing at the sea outside the window. I snorted.

"I thought you said I was exactly like you? Not you're exactly like me?" I asked sarcastically.

"Isn't that the same thing?" She questioned.

"What are you going to do?!"

"Why do you always assume I'd do something bad?" She queried further.

"Cause you do." I stated like it was a fact. She sighed and glanced back at me.

"Why do you think I'm cruel? Because I want to be? Because I was born like that?" She chuckled, "I wasn't even born for goodness sake. I was made. I'm cruel..." she looked into my eyes, "Because I need to be."

"Bullsh-" I started but was cut off.

"I'm afraid that once I let my walls crumble, they'll never be able to be built back up again." She closed her eyes, "It makes me vulnerable. That's why I push everybody away from me, just like you had once did. You remember that time don't you? I felt just as helpless and weak as you did and that was when I made a promise." She tilted her head back and gazed back outside the window.

"I'd never let anyone close to me ever again, to you too."

"But what about Nic-" curiosity got the better of me but before I could ask my question, I was cut off.

"I once tried to kill them." She admitted, everything was quiet, "I lost control." I let out a snort of disbelief at that.

"You have control?!" I asked incredulously.

"Believe it or not, yes, I do. Remember that little girl I killed? I also lost control that one time." I snickered at what she had said, "I feel what you feel, know what you do. The feelings you felt for them was just too powerful, I was scared..." She took a deep breath, "I was scared that once you let them in, they'll hurt you."

"Hurt me? Not hurt you?" I asked rolling my eyes.

"Yes." She said answering a question that I did not want to be answered at all, "I was afraid that once you let them in, you'll crumble just like that time, that one time when they all abandoned you, when she made you kill her."

"A little girl can't-" I started but I was cut off once again.

"I was scared, okay?" She said throwing up her hands in frustration, "Fear makes you do all sorts of things, it makes me lose control."